Bloody women...

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Well I know promiscuous women can cause erruptions in the south for me at times.

*ba dum, tisch*

</COAT>

Athan

Resident Freddy
Look on the bright side... this has now lead to at least one event where women promise to wear low-cut tops and/or tiny shorts, ostensibly to show how ridiculous that cleric is being.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its quite sad really, in the days when we were still running around burning witches the Islamic states were making huge advances in medicine and science. It goes to show what damage a nasty religion can do to a people.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Its quite sad really, in the days when we were still running around burning witches the Islamic states were making huge advances in medicine and science. It goes to show what damage a nasty religion can do to a people.
That makes no sense as they were islamic back then as well (as you said).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes they were but things change. Its all about control.

noblok

Part of the furniture
So then the struggle for control is to blame and not 'a nasty religion' ;).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The clerics and other assorted people who use that religion to control the people are to blame. Islam today is nothing like the Islam of 500-1000 years ago. Much like Christianity is nothing like it was 500-1000 years ago. Islam has tightened its grip on the people where Christianity has lost its grip, if they could get away with it Christianity would be much the same. With knowledge comes freedom.

Why do you think the church worked so hard to suppress knowledge?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Islam has tightened its grip because it proliferates in societies full of poorly-educated people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom