[RANT] bloody wimps!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no just one, that all the tiers effect as a total

would give people in the lower tiers someting to contribute towards that was more tangible ;)

such as? death spam so the higher level ppl could ask where from again?

no thanks.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
such as? death spam so the higher level ppl could ask where from again?

no thanks.

I think he means that the lower tiers capturing the keeps in their zones would count towards opening the central dungeon as well. Not that they would have to get involved in a tier4 bloodbath.....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think he means that the lower tiers capturing the keeps in their zones would count towards opening the central dungeon as well. Not that they would have to get involved in a tier4 bloodbath.....

ok, but if you only have 1 rvr cave, a low lvl bloodbath is what gonna come out of it :) unless you buff those lowlvl's to rank 38. but then whats the point?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
ok, but if you only have 1 rvr cave, a low lvl bloodbath is what gonna come out of it :) unless you buff those lowlvl's to rank 38. but then whats the point?

Darkness falls was a mighty fine dungeon. The lower levels ran the risk of getting ganked from the enemy realm but for that risk they got nice cash, XP and the chance to get some nice gear.

It also provided a reason to own keeps throughout the realm and defend them when they were under attack.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
DF were a good idea on paper, not so good in practice. because the only ppl that actually suffered from it were the lowbies.

i remembered when DF were the place to group up in, you were lucky if u got an hours worth of XP before the permaganking started.

you had every fucking stealther running up to the lower level mobs ganking XP'ers and then run away when someone their own level came looking for them.

besides, if u wanna face the risks of dying to a high level player, roll on a open rvr server.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
DF were a good idea on paper, not so good in practice. because the only ppl that actually suffered from it were the lowbies.

i remembered when DF were the place to group up in, you were lucky if u got an hours worth of XP before the permaganking started.

you had every fucking stealther running up to the lower level mobs ganking XP'ers and then run away when someone their own level came looking for them.

besides, if u wanna face the risks of dying to a high level player, roll on a open rvr server.

Well, those are kind of the risks of a RvR dungeon, dontchyathink?

Lower level players run the risk of getting killed, but at the same time they can weigh up the balance of superior money/items/xp to getting ganked once in a while.

Once the stealther had logged or died you were safe in the knowledge that you can XP in relative peace until you saw "Dun Bolg was captured by Albion!"

Obviously your experience of DF differs from mine. They need a DF type dungeon in this game. It would be cool to have a little homage to DAoC and have a similiar setting, or even put Legion in there somewhere.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That's hardly a plausible argument.

why not? PQ camping is well established on that type of servers, and the rewards from those are probably the best u can get while leveling up.

but heres why a DF type dungeon wont work in WAR, DF were a PVE'ers wet dream comming true, WAR isnt about pve, and should not be encouraged to much. otherwise we will end up with a crappy WoW clone. the XP u could get in DF (provided you could stay alive long enough) far outweighted the XP you got from pvp'ing in the battlegrounds, even after the XP boost u got from there.

so what would a DF in WAR do? it would further draw away players from the rvr and scenario zones, leaving the scenarios and rvr zones even less visited because the xp from there wouldnt be as good in the long run. and then we'd have even MORE pve'ing of keeps between the few ppl that actually bothered to go there.

sure they could always up the XP gains from rvr kills to answer that but then DF would be pointless as noone would go THERE as u'd get more xp from the rvr zones..

you just cannot add major pve elements to a rvr game (even if it is a "rvr dungeon" its mainly a pve thing) and think that they can coexist, DAoC should be the prime example of that. or did you actually enjoy ToA?

ppl that play this game expect to be able to do so by pvp'ing, and getting raped by a lvl 40 while you pve in a rvr dungeon probably isnt their idea of it.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

I loved DF and all the rvr dungeons in DAoC, risk vs reward and Calaen is quite right.

No-one would force you to go to an rvr dungeon, you take a risk to reap the rewards. The risk is you stand a chance of getting killed by a high level and that choice would be entirely yours.

Open rvr servers are quite different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom