Bloody programming!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Am avoiding work so thought I'd post this as a time filler, despite the fact that most people in these parts don't know me, har!

Anyonelse get worried about themselves after just a tad too much bloody programming? Left a project a bit too late; was in hospital so guess I have an excuse but anyway...

52hours, 6hours kip then waking up for 25hours, all waking hours programming, after a while the damn thing grates on you. Don't get me wrong, it aint all that bad as a general thing to do but after this time, why o why did I dream code? ;/

Dunno where I'm going with this really, just glad it's over with really and I can do somethingelse, even if it is p.d.fucking p.....

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I lose all track of time when scripting. Sure, it isn't C, but the absence if time passing is the same.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
dissertation time Kirennia?

Nah, second year but the two weeks out didn't help too much. Just got an 80% for a demonstration though and a weeks extension on a piece of coursework which was well and truly needed...

Only two more bits of CW, two exams and an in class test to go :D

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
dissertation time Kirennia?

I just did my dissertation, and I totally agree. You come to resent the topic that you're writing on, even though its a subject that I love normally (American Hegemony and its Influence on the Gulf States: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the State of Qatar and the United Arab Emirates).

But I reckon that if I give it a bit of time, maybe a few months, I'll actually be able to read everything I wrote without wanting to upchuck.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
But I reckon that if I give it a bit of time, maybe a few months, I'll actually be able to read everything I wrote without wanting to upchuck.
hehe, I'm not so sure Munkey :) I love my Master's dissertation, but like your's, it was a labour of love. I've barely touched it since finishing a couple of years ago, let alone read it again :D

As for coding, I must admit that sometimes time flies, especially when bug fixing. My project management teacher used to quip that 90% of projects spend 90% of their time incomplete. Sometimes I think this true, since coding the bulk of something can be easy, but the finishing touches are often the most time consuming. Anyway, good luck kirennia!

Kind regards

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Well yesterday I found found out my extenuating circumstances might be turned down following an operation which meant I pulled yet another all nighter to hand in some work today (was looking for a weeks extension)... you've gotta hate it when that kind of thing happens but nevermind. Went to our faculty office to hand it in; the one comment which really got to me was 'Don't worry too much, it's only 3% of your degree'. I mean really, lol!. Especially when I'm bordering a first and a potential scholarship.

Sucky policy really, your extenuating circumstances don't get processed and you don't get a result of them until after you've handed in all of your work and done your exams. So basically I had to either hand in shoddy work or risk a zero and waving goodbye to a potential £3000, 3% and having to retake over the summer.

Handed it in, went to speak to a module leader who said she's already contacted senior members of the staff who are going to try to back me up and let me resubmit in a week...

Damn was I pissed off for the day though, heh.

Anyway, good luck kirennia!

Cheers bud, after this friday I can hopefully relax a little more :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Didn't want to create another thread; there goes the final bit of programming and I've just been emailed to let me know that my extenuating circumstances have gone through, woohoo!

Now off to the beach, finally being able to calm down with only one exam to go :D

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
Have fun at the beach Kirennia - I still remember my dissertation from nearly 20 years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom