bloody noobs :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
oh noes, a server with "light" population, must be empty!
i know! ill crowbar myself onto a "full" one

30 minute queues already.. worst weve had since start of prelaunch was about 20-30 mins in the evenings

doesnt bode well ;\

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The thing is, people are now flocking to "empty" servers and soon those are the ones with problems.

People should just stick with their server, eat up the queue cake(just launch the game early ffs...) and wait for the balancing/cap-rise.

Mabs

well from where im sitting 96th in the queue.. i can see :
3 LIGHT pvp, 1 light RP, 7 light PVE...
13 FULL and 1 VERY HEAVY - all prestart servers

so people must be not using the new ones, unless almost everyone playing right now was a headstart person :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Most of them probably are. There was a shit-ton of people on the weekend, with every single server(par maybe two standard) full, best queues capping at 1.5h :D

Best thing is; this kind of launch, even if numbers drop drastically, mean this MMO ain't going anywhere fast.

Mabs

unless the queues drive people away :)

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Everyone wants to join friends who are already established on servers instead of going to new ones on their own Mabs, not surprising really. Not saying its not stupid though :p

Mabs

most people who are playing with mates, who are already playing.... would be playing through prestart aswell ? mostly ?

cog

Can't get enough of FH
most people who are playing with mates, who are already playing.... would be playing through prestart aswell ? mostly ?

Not necessarily, probably true for quite a few though. I was just offering a possible explanation :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
The problem with going to a light server though is that it could be one of those doomed to be a low pop server and eventually gets merged.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The problem with going to a light server though is that it could be one of those doomed to be a low pop server and eventually gets merged.

Getting merged isn't a problem though, that fixes the population issue. It's when people like Mythic with daoc do nothing about it for years that gets worrying.

But to be honest, I don't think this game will have population issues any time soon. The only reason it happened in WAR was the game was poor, this one is actually worth playing :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I was in a queue at 7:30 in the morning today... :( People should just go to work/school and let me play ffs! :)

Mabs

zomg, 9:43 and no queue on luka sene, get in !

pez

Can't get enough of FH
You can visibly see them manipulating the queues, I witnessed LoL go from 1 and a half hour queue to <30 minutes in front of my eyes. They are just keeping a constant 'Full' on the fullest servers regardless of actual pop this week. You know when it takes 30 minutes to log in and theres 25 people in 1 instance of the republic fleet that its an artificial cap.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You can visibly see them manipulating the queues, I witnessed LoL go from 1 and a half hour queue to <30 minutes in front of my eyes. They are just keeping a constant 'Full' on the fullest servers regardless of actual pop this week. You know when it takes 30 minutes to log in and theres 25 people in 1 instance of the republic fleet that its an artificial cap.

People are quite thinspread as hubs aren't real hubs yet. Queues can also drop to simply people logging off, if it's an automated update on queue times.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Me an Tilda were just queueing and entered the game instantly from 202ish, not complaining, seems they are doing something about it. They did say on the forum that they were going to gradually increase the caps.

Mabs

yea just got in from over 300th in the queue :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Are people complaining that they are getting in before queue is done? o_O

Mabs

no i was just confirming they must be manually shaping the queues :p

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, mentioning it and complaining about it is the same thing.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
People are quite thinspread as hubs aren't real hubs yet. Queues can also drop to simply people logging off, if it's an automated update on queue times.

Yeah... Or it could be exactly as I said and Bioware are actively managing server populations through use of artificial caps and not just sitting on the hands hoping for the best during launch week.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wow wow...i was just curious since Mabs went with the :eek: and all :p

Pitchforks down people.

Mabs

never! i think youve seel'd your fate :eek:

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
You can visibly see them manipulating the queues, I witnessed LoL go from 1 and a half hour queue to <30 minutes in front of my eyes.

In the 4 hour queue for Tomb of Freedon Nadd yesterday, I was doing housework when after just 1½ hours I had suddenly logged in. Wierd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom