Film Bloke Alert

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
For the love of God, don't try to score brownie points with your better half by letting them drag you to Sex And The City 2. What a pile of utter, utter shite. I've been using the mind bleach to get rid of he Liza Minneli scene in particular all night, BUT ITS NOT GOING AWAY!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thankfully my better half hates shit like that. She enjoyed Rambo 4.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Poor DaGaffer, are you recovered yet?

I have not seen the first one so thanks for the warning. Every bird is going mental over these films, god knows why... Tho saying that I never watched the series.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a mate who loves this shite. I don't see him that often :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Thankfully my better half hates shit like that. She enjoyed Rambo 4.

Except for the Rambo, ditto.

Shutter Island the most recent film we watched together. Aside from the very grating soundtrack, great film.

DaGaffer

Poor DaGaffer, are you recovered yet?

I have not seen the first one so thanks for the warning. Every bird is going mental over these films, god knows why... Tho saying that I never watched the series.

I could actually tolerate the TV show in small doses, but this was two and a half hours of cliched, badly written (they seemed to have this weird pun-thing going on), forty-something-badly-dressed American-witch-whining. The only saving grace was a subplot involving the Irish nanny and (to paraphrase Hugh Dennis) her smashing pair of norks:
alice-eve.jpg

It was also mildly racist.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Every bird is going mental over these films, god knows why...

Because the films (and the series) effectively tell them that they can be vacuous selfish airheaded socially irredeemable bitches but that's perfectly fine and everyone will love them no matter how they act.

They appeal to the lowest common denominator in women but most of the women I know who've seen 'em think they're a bit shit tbfh. Still went, for some "girlie time" tho - despite knowing beforehand that they would be shit.

It's appealing to have a consequence-free world IMHO. Imagine what the blokes version would be? :D

Marc

FH is my second home
I dont care if I had fucked her best mate, killed her precious cat or shat myself on our expensive sofa, I still wouldnt lower myself to scoring brownie points by watching that shit with her.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol Marc, you would. the situation just has to meet certain criteria :)

I got my ex of the time the shoe-box gift thing of all the seasons, and even watched some of them with her. suffice to say I do not understand the hype or the stories. My conclusion is that the girls must be extremely awesome in the sack, because the (admittedly few) men they meet keep chasing after them regardless of their behaviour. Which ties in to what Scouse said. It's a girly thing, don't try to understand because your mind will explode.

DaGaffer

I dont care if I had fucked her best mate, killed her precious cat or shat myself on our expensive sofa, I still wouldnt lower myself to scoring brownie points by watching that shit with her.

37 weeks pregnant. Yeah you would.

Fast

Part of the furniture
You poor cnut. Download it, there ya go luv im off the booza enjoy.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
There is one amusing bit from Sex and the City the series that I am amused by, simply because I can identify with the bloke :D (I called my ex a dirty bitch in the moment, she got in a huff) so clearly it's not just me.

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

DaGaffer

No, No I wouldnt!

Out of curiosity, how many men were at the cinema and did they all have that "ffs look" on their faces :D

If you can't do what she wants when she's about to drop your child, then you have no soul.

About 3 of us, and yes.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you can't do what she wants when she's about to drop your child, then you have no soul.

About 3 of us, and yes.

Hehe, DaGaffer, going to teach her all about BarrysWorld and FreddysHouse? :p

Thought not :) (hope I was right!)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
She knows...:(

In that case I would like to point out the following about DaGaffer:

• He is nice
  • He loves women
  • He has never been racist
  • He has never been unfaithful (to me...)
  • He has never talked bollox
  • He loves the Irish :p
  • He only speaks the truth
There you go DaGaffer, that shoud win her over.... I still cannot believe you are going to be a Dad, are you scared? I ask only knowing that I became a Dad at 21 and you are a little older now so am interested in how you are feeling..... It could have an impact on my life for when I meet my next missus...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
for some reason Yoni's internets refuses to connect to that site. maybe it's a woman thing :)

DaGaffer

There you go DaGaffer, that shoud win her over.... I still cannot believe you are going to be a Dad, are you scared? I ask only knowing that I became a Dad at 21 and you are a little older now so am interested in how you are feeling..... It could have an impact on my life for when I meet my next missus...

I'm not feeling too nervous, but that's because I don't think my mind's accepted the enormity of the responsibility yet.

old.user4556

I babysat my sister's kids the other night (they're nearly 1 year old) - hats off to anyone who becomes a dad becomes for just one night it was bloody hard work.

old.user4556

Sorry, that should say "anyone who becomes a dad because"

Damn hangover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom