Blocking of arrows

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Today was my first experience of having my arrows blocked...was in Thid...and this guy blocked four times in a row. Is this the norm please? and if so, how is a scout supposed to kill him or even bring some of his health down? Having been unstealthed after the first shot I fired two more before being spotted and another as he turned to face me so I had to run.

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing that he engaged you after the initial first block and that's why he blocked the rest of the shots

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you,,,,does that mean my chances of killing someone who blocks are extremely poor or non existant?

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Heh.

Basically, as a daoc archer, forget it if they've got a shield. Your chances of killing anyone with a decent shield spec is very poor, even if they don't enage. If they do engage, your'e stuffed. Your only chance is when they are sitting down, or already engaging/meleeing someone else.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
its simple...

dont shoot anything with a shield.

my toaed , fully buffed warr never had a single arrow land on him that i can remember, and my toaed , fully buffed hunter never landed a shot on a pally/arms either ;o

but, it works in ur fav though dude, imageon how hunters and rangers feel when they get every shot blocked by a scout :m00:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
ye don't bother with shield users, my paladin can stand in front of an archer all day blocking him

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you all....will ensure I don't engage shield users. I am most grateful.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
dont mind remi, he was part of the "we hate the 32923952302348 stealthers on prydwen club"

:wub:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
So archers cant 2-shot everyone? Yeah, something must be wrong

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
if there are 15 enemy archers assisting on me i block simpely all arrows the 1 or 2 that get through are instantly healed by my heal proc shield so it must be very focking frustrating for the enemy archers HAR HAR

Zenn

Fledgling Freddie
My shammy 'Shammeh' (how original) was missed 5times in a row yesterday by some alb or hib on Ex was quite funny.... :p

Stoned Viking

Fledgling Freddie
Don't give up just because they have a shield, there are ways to handle engage, it involves kiting, knowing you range and a lot of re-stealthing ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
It's not impossible, make sure you shoot them while they're not facing you (when they're standing their back towards you). If you can get in the crit shot that way, you will get in a 2nd shot almost surely and if you're facing a mid shield wearer and are shooting with thrust arrows, he will be probably at 50% health or under...After that you can try running away, restealthing and shoot him at his back again or if you dare finish him off with melee (beartooth is a great style ;))

I found skalds being more annoying than warriors/thanes to be honest...

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Blocking got a little bit nerfed this patch i think. Won't block all Arrows anymore. (Without using engage)

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker... That is my findings too. As a shield user I infact HAVE been killed a number of times from scouts 2875 units away on top of a tower.

Which leads to a quick engage question. If I get shot at and press engage on the archer (faceing right dir) do I also engage his 13 friends, standing beside him, or is engage limited to the single one tou have targetted, while the rest have "normal" block chance?

Do I need to have a archer targetted (last attacker for instance) for engage to work?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
No, you just engage the one that you have targetted. For the 5 million other scouts, they count as normal arrow attacks.

For the record, it's not impossible to kill someone who has engaged you. I've done so once, in the years playing a huntress... so it's just bloody rare. (I managed to shoot a scout that had me engaged hit him three times in a row. Wish I could have seen his face. :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
when you reach lvl 50 it wont matter just fz the tank and hes dead :) (asuming he doesnt strafe out the way :D)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Boomeruk said:
dont mind remi, he was part of the "we hate the 32923952302348 stealthers on prydwen club"

and everyone else used to be member of the "we hate the 32923952302348 savages in midgard club"?

i think someone on VN showed that anyone with over 40+ in shield had a 100% block rate against arrows, so in thid its not as bad, but even then, as long as the warrior has engage you wont hit him (though if he runs out of end before you do then you can ;) )

Chronictank

FH is my second home
and everyone else used to be member of the "we hate the 32923952302348 savages in midgard club"?
Gota love clueless posts :D

Excal statistics 23 Nov 04:
Savages - 354 Active
Scouts - 905 Active
Comparison

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
i think someone on VN showed that anyone with over 40+ in shield had a 100% block rate against arrows, so in thid its not as bad, but even then, as long as the warrior has engage you wont hit him (though if he runs out of end before you do then you can ;) )

It'll also depend on the dex buffs that the shield tank has, levels of MoB, and on the WS of the archer. With many archers having taken bow higher in NF, you'll block a little fewer.

I've still not been hit from the front, though, even though I'm often unbuffed. Could be the 50 Shield + MoB III !

Darzil

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
Arrow nightmare

I was kind of hoping the game mechanics of arrows and shield blocking had been refined ever so slightly in my 6 mths absence.

However shield users are not impossible, its all about hitting them from behind (I was careful how I phrased that) or at least not not a complete frontal angle.

One on one, hell yeh give it a bash but be clever and restealth, if two characters are about and one is a shield user just walk away(well speed spell or stealth) :)

Chadalonius

Fledgling Freddie
Someone on Critshot showed that a 390 Dex Scout with MoB II could block 95% of arrows from a 50 bow Ranger.

I don't think anything got nerfed.

Herjulf

Banned
kaedrick2 said:
Today was my first experience of having my arrows blocked...was in Thid...and this guy blocked four times in a row. Is this the norm please? and if so, how is a scout supposed to kill him or even bring some of his health down? Having been unstealthed after the first shot I fired two more before being spotted and another as he turned to face me so I had to run.

OMG some1 u cant pwn in easymode!!!
nerf dem mkay pliz mrmythic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom