Blocked Nose

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hi, well for a while now, whenever i've gone to bed i've had to put my arm accross my face and open my nosteral (sp) so i can breath. It worked, but it wasn't very comfy.
It's further up where its blocked, where i can't get too. Is there anything i can do without seeing a doctor? :)

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
bowl of steamin' hot water, couple drops of mint oil and a towel. Put towel over head, and just inhale the steam, sooner or late the block should come flushin' out :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Get some Sudafed for the day and Night Nurse for the erm Night? Both of them will keep the congestion problem under control and the Night Nurse has no caffiene so you can get a good sleep and keep decongested at the same time.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Doing this everynight is a pain. What about cotton buds, or would that damage something?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Laddey said:
Doing this everynight is a pain. What about cotton buds, or would that damage something?

You could cause serious damage to your sinuses that way, medication will do the job and is much much safer.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Ok, will give it a shot. Is there nothing i can buy over the counter ?

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
when people tell you never stick cotton budds in your body holes, ... do not stick cotton buds in body holes!!:p

i really fucked my ears up once, and i doubt the outcome up your schnoz will be much better

Laddey

FH is my second home
tris- said:
try breath right strips

Will go check the out tomorrow, i'll ask the lady in the chemist aswell. thx

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why the hell don't people go to the doctor...

You would...

Go in.
Get looked up the windtunnels.
Get it cleared right there or get some duact etc.
Go home.

Tadaa!

People get sick and doctors make it better.

"Oh it's just a small thing of suffocating while sleeping...no biggie."

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
old.Tohtori said:

If they can ressurect themselves, it doesn't matter =(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You could always do what they would do if you were living in a cartoon - use dynamite

Laddey

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Why the hell don't people go to the doctor...

You would...

Go in.
Get looked up the windtunnels.
Get it cleared right there or get some duact etc.
Go home.

Tadaa!

It's not really a biggie. I'm not dying or anything it's just uncofortable!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
take up cocaine, you get a single nostrel and improved airflow.

No worries then ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Laddey said:
It's not really a biggie. I'm not dying or anything it's just uncofortable!

and go seing a doctor to make it really really good at once is a bad thing why? there ARE some house cures that works but why bother when a doctor can fix in in 5 minutes insted of inhaling steam for a week or 2?

just go to the damn doctor :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
- English - said:
think glyn has the same prob ;)

lol such cheek, i'm nothing like glynn, honest :(

Ctuchik said:
and go seing a doctor to make it really really good at once is a bad thing why? there ARE some house cures that works but why bother when a doctor can fix in in 5 minutes insted of inhaling steam for a week or 2?

just go to the damn doctor :)

I don't want him sticking metal stuff up my nose thats the only thing. I could do it because i know when to stop. I'm a big girl really :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Get yourself down to your local indian restaurant and have a madras

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
actually, doctors make you wait in line. then they tell you stuff you know about whats wrong with you. then they have to make tests. while you are waiting in line for the tests and for their results your problem fixes itself. and if it doesnt, they dont have a cure anyway.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
fl3a said:
. and if it doesnt, they dont have a cure anyway.

rofl yeh im sure thats exactly how it is.

"well mr jones, we did your tests. now you have TB but the thing is, despite medical advances beyond your comprehension, we actually have no cure for this. so erm, thanks for waiting in line and stuff but cya"

fl3a said:
actually, doctors make you wait in line. then they tell you stuff you know about whats wrong with you. then they have to make tests. while you are waiting in line for the tests and for their results your problem fixes itself. and if it doesnt, they dont have a cure anyway.

or by the time you get out you've caught something worse :x

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
It sounds like you have Rhinitis - basically, its a year round hayfever that cloggs your nose all the time for no reason. It can be inflamed by anything (my wife has it, its caused by normal dust :eek7:) Its a 2 min visit to the doctor with no probing, not even the fun kind. You then get a repeat prescription for it so you only ever have to visit once :) Nothing you can buy over the counter tho :(

Check Wikipedia's definition, and see if it fits :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Laddey said:
lol such cheek, i'm nothing like glynn, honest :(

I don't want him sticking metal stuff up my nose thats the only thing. I could do it because i know when to stop. I'm a big girl really :(
go to the doc like seel said mate,
you might have damaged something and your nose has swelled up on the inside

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Laddey said:

Yeah, take that metal thingy inside you like a big girl :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Laddey said:
Hi, well for a while now, whenever i've gone to bed i've had to put my arm accross my face and open my nosteral (sp) so i can breath. It worked, but it wasn't very comfy.
It's further up where its blocked, where i can't get too. Is there anything i can do without seeing a doctor? :)

Snorting maltesers is bad for you...

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Take your finger out of your nose. And stop inserting foreign objects up there too, youll never get those car keys out.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't want to go to a doctor's then go to a chemist and ask to speak to a pharmacist. They are trained to give dispensary information, and are usually a lot more informative than people usually give them credit for.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Naetha said:
If you don't want to go to a doctor's then go to a chemist and ask to speak to a pharmacist. They are trained to give dispensary information, and are usually a lot more informative than people usually give them credit for.

pharmacistfl5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom