Music Blind Tension! Guitars...

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
A friend of mine is the guitarrist of a small band called Blind Tension. He's been giving me some tips about how to start learning to play. Among other things he says the "you should start with an accoustic" thing is just a myth. He says in many ways an electric might be easier because it's a little smaller and easier to stroke. Also it's important to get a sound that you like and triggers you to play more according to him.

Here's their home page with a few sample songs.

MySpace.com - Blind Tension - Göteborg, Västra Götalands län - Rock / Grunge / Experimental - www.myspace.com/blindtension

... should I listen to him? :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Among other things he says the "you should start with an accoustic" thing is just a myth. He says in many ways an electric might be easier because it's a little smaller and easier to stroke.

It's not a myth, but it's not compulsary. A good number of people find playing the Acoustic easier because it's less complex than an electric - you don't have to find the right sound, you don't have to wonder why it sounds wierd when you've got a nob turned up too much etc.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
You wont break your fingers in as easy on an electric, i've found it going much faster (and more painful) on the acoustic

I personally prefer the acoustic cause i am lazy and couldnt be bothered setting the amp up all the time

Marc

FH is my second home
On the subject of guitars, Hillel Slovak died 20 years ago today, undoubteldy the most talented guitarist of his generation.

Marc

FH is my second home
Debateable!

Everything is debatable!!!! :D

Still, a massively talented guitarist whos life was cut short due to a heroin overdose. Slovak's style is well and truly still alive as Fruischiante pretty much copied it exactly.

I remember yeaaaaaaars ago when uplift mofo party plan first came I out and I was blown away, especially with Slovak.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I'm still constantly surprised when I've played my acoustic for a week and go back to my electric just how darn easy everything is to play. I'd say playing an acoustic is better for you as you build up dexterity early on so you'll be able to play more guitars and when you get better, you'll find the electric comes to you easily. The same can't be said the other way around imo.

Marc

FH is my second home
I think it's far to say he wasn't no Satriani.

Everyone has their own opinions, but to me, the mark of a great guitarist isnt how many bends, tap ons, slides etc he can do in a millionth of a second.

But thats just me. :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I'm still constantly surprised when I've played my acoustic for a week and go back to my electric just how darn easy everything is to play. I'd say playing an acoustic is better for you as you build up dexterity early on so you'll be able to play more guitars and when you get better, you'll find the electric comes to you easily. The same can't be said the other way around imo.

agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom