Blahblahblah

Sastrecillo

Fledgling Freddie
Read this:

The problem with TOAScrolls.com has never been with bandwidth -- we have plenty of that. The problem has been with database usage. We have a real business, providing dynamic websites to real estate companies and small governments and because they pay the bills, they get the priority. We have no problems paying a little more for a little more database usage, but we're not willing to continuing shelling out hundreds a month in database fees based off a free site.

The popularity of this site has been tremendous. We want to continue by providing even more walk-throughs, quest details and such. To continue at this point, however, we are calling out to our users to help us in off-setting the costs associated with running such a large and database driven site. It was not something we wanted to do originally, but it makes good sense. We don't want to show a bunch of banner ads or pop-ups, (they don't pay the bills anyway), but we also don't want to shut down this site. We are always adding new areas to TOAScrolls.com and we realize becoming a pay-site means we'll need to add even more -- we're up to the challenge, and hope you'll join us for it!

To that end, we have created a subscription based website. Because we don't want to rip-off users, we have set the subscription fee to a very low and respectable $2.00 per year. This fee will allow you to view up to 500 pages per day (we limit this to prevent users from sharing their passwords with others). If you do the math, that's over 182,000 pageviews for you a year -- all for two bucks! We feel this is the best price to not only provide our services, but to provide an extremely good deal to our users.

Because we're not in this for the money, we also allow free usage of the site. Non-paying members will be given the ability to view up to 15 pages a day. This will allow you to come to the site and quickly look up some specific information without the need to worry about paying.

We're not looking to get rich off this site -- heck, we're not even looking to pay for dinner -- but we are looking to pay for the hosting bills. If you feel that $2.00 for a whole year's access isn't too much, please support this site by subscribing today! We accept PayPal only (please don't write asking other payment methods -- it's just too much to process payments for $2.00 from any other source than PayPal).

$2.00 too much?

:eek:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Cracking deal IMO.

What about a euro mirror too if someone out there can help?

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
They make a great tool, make allot of people like it and even get there biggest competition in cache (you can still see VoS over scrolls). And then wenn we're all using it they make us pay... imo it's a fucking rip off. Right now i'm trying to make the website available offline and i'll use my 15 free pages to see if anyone is trading new scrolls...

On the other hand i'd pay $2 if i'd have a paypal account.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Wiebe said:
imo it's a fucking rip off.
How is trying to finance a service they're trying to provide a ripp off? and by charging the HUGE amount of 2$ a year even trying to make it better?
Oh... I get it now... you're not getting it free and the way you like it so it must be a rip off... :rolleyes:
Ok your free to make comments about me and my life now... will report you again if need be. :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand why sombody would need to charge a small fee, and fair enough I guess - but I think i'll keep my coin and use the FH trading section instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom