azshara2

need sly to complement meh with LOADS of dmg on them others ;x
i just stun...
so, im a decoybot and stunbot :eek:

A

Aloca

Originally posted by Slytale
we should re-duel aloca .. ;-)

Yea maybe, didnt i pwn you when you was fully buffed and i wasnt :)

K

Karlo

Just outta interest, what sort of ridght hand damage to bladesshades do to leather wearers?

F

foolou

Why keep any CS at all ?

I mean the debuff hits for more hp on buffed ppl than the pa/backstabb.
Pity the debuff is applied after the hit.

Go 50 Blades, 0 CS and more CD :)

A

azshara

Originally posted by foolou
Why keep any CS at all ?

I mean the debuff hits for more hp on buffed ppl than the pa/backstabb.
Pity the debuff is applied after the hit.

Go 50 Blades, 0 CS and more CD :)
blade/CD got crap styles.... so he need the CS for good styles ;o

P

pecka

Fire Blade/Spectrum Blade are comparable to AH/GA in both dmg and end cost. Blades however have no evade style and no stun. CS has an evade chain and no stun (cept openers) Revenging Blade is a nice rear style and effect, however the CD rear style is almost comparable but rarely used.

Some people prefer the +9dmg per point of CS for higher Perf/BSII, some prefer high WS, some prefer more off-hand chance to swing etc. Horses for courses.

On the US servers a lot of the old school Blade-Shades are now or have allready switched to pierce. With the new weapons coming in future patches (ie: slower main-hand piercers) and of course Diamondback, higher WS and a slightly lower loss in WS after debuff, pierce would seem the best choice. Things may change though with Mythics upcoming style review but i doubt much, if anything, will happen to the Blades styles or CS.

G

guei

Fire Blade/Spectrum Blade dmg is nothing compare to AH/GA, in end yes but not dmg. FB/SB is jus for the melee snare effect IMO.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by azshara2
need sly to complement meh with LOADS of dmg on them others ;x
i just stun...
so, im a decoybot and stunbot :eek:

debuff buffer

S

Slytale

err - go back to school youngens !!!

FB/SB only does long duration attack speed reduction. Kinda the same as GA/AH. End usage is pretty much the same BUT, GA/AH does alot more damage.

Revenging does pretty much the same damage as GA but uses alot less end with no snare. Whereas Garote or CD's (crappy damage) Snow Shower has snare which is useful for chasing down runners.Non CS specced chars use that. I use garotte.

I tested fb/sb some times ago .. and read a nice report on Vnboards. Basically GA/AH does better in a fight that FB/SB.

Garotte has snare attached, fireblade has nothing.Achilles has attack speed reduct , spectrum has the same , but longer duration.

I use GA/AH in all my fights. Happy with it. End usage is a problem tho. Going thru end pots like a madman atm.

As for not having a stun. That's no biggy. Just pick your targets better. And try to avoid open melee with infils if purge is down.

I respecced somewhat now - really miss more CD already.. made me look at a RA change.

atm im 44 CS , 44 Blades , 34 stealth , 34 venom , 13 CD.

Later this week i will respec when i get RR7. and bump my CD to 17, and get DR3, leaving me on +- 52 CD. Got my stones rdy.

I will put up a bladeshade report since i see alot more coming on since Cideous did the bladeshade vs pierceshade roundup.

laters.

P

pecka

Originally posted by Slytale
err - go back to school youngens !!!
Hardly, in game or r/l age.

FB/SB only does long duration attack speed reduction. Kinda the same as GA/AH. End usage is pretty much the same BUT, GA/AH does alot more damage.

Yes it does do more dmg depending on your spec, with higher CS spec and lower/equal weapon spec -44 then they are not comparable in dmg with AH/GA always ahead, think it was 12-3% as the gap closed between ws/cs. More weaponskill, 44+, then FB/SB begins to out-dmg AH/GA. Not talking 44B/44CS here Sly, talking 44+/34. Should have made that clear in my original post ;)

Revenging does pretty much the same damage as GA but uses alot less end with no snare. Whereas Garote or CD's (crappy damage) Snow Shower has snare which is useful for chasing down runners.Non CS specced chars use that. I use garotte.
Revenging is situational, swinging at haste cap and against someone not expecting it you can get off BSII/TC and Revenging Blade. It's also a nice style after using SS/GA against a runner with the low-end and good dmg return.

I tested fb/sb some times ago .. and read a nice report on Vnboards. Basically GA/AH does better in a fight that FB/SB.
That same report also states what i did above, with higher weaponskill over 44, then FB/SB is comparable to AH/GA, again, depending on the spec. Covenn also posted a report after reaching rr10 and maxing CS, in which he expressed his dissapointment at the scale of return on the CS line over weapon line. OC he is pierce, so it does slightly scew up the scematics. with regards ws/style bonus.
Garotte has snare attached, fireblade has nothing.Achilles has attack speed reduct , spectrum has the same , but longer duration.
How effective the speed reduction actually is, is unkown and as your being hit most likely with the same styles back it evens out. An Inf with a brain and half will get haste procs or potions so that negates somewhat the difference between our swing times if we are buffed with lvl 40 or 50 haste but not entirely.

I use GA/AH in all my fights. Happy with it. End usage is a problem tho. Going thru end pots like a madman atm.
Same, however i try to land FB/SB 1st then go to AH/GA. However the end-usage is the problem as such, so trying to experiment and find other styles that allow you to swing more styled round never hurts, except for taking up more QB slots. :p

As for not having a stun. That's no biggy. Just pick your targets better. And try to avoid open melee with infils if purge is down.
Something we can do at will for the most part. As for avoiding Infs/SB's etc, 50-50 on that other than sitting in PK/RK waiting for RA to refresh.

I respecced somewhat now - really miss more CD already.. made me look at a RA change.

atm im 44 CS , 44 Blades , 34 stealth , 34 venom , 13 CD.

Later this week i will respec when i get RR7. and bump my CD to 17, and get DR3, leaving me on +- 52 CD. Got my stones rdy.
Here is where we differ, per-sa. I have high CD at the cost of PA-dmg cap. High CD is something i prefer, have same on my Ranger on Guinevere and my own feeling here is that more off-hand swings and chances to proc beat 90pts dmg cap on Perf, which is not the easiest style to get off V other Assasins anyway. OC here in may lie my problem. I used FB/SB/RB/SS exclusivly on him, as you corrctly stated, CD styles suck bad.

I will put up a bladeshade report since i see alot more coming on since Cideous did the bladeshade vs pierceshade roundup.

laters.
Look forward to reading it.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Jesus. 200~~ dmg on Garrotte. Nerf.

S

Slytale

nice work Pecka ;-)

Glad to see at least one shade that xp'd the proper way and did some homework :p

unlike all the other Meduza Fodder out in odins :<

Z

zlair

Im not playing nomore...

(at least not until GOA give me my buff bot back ;) - and if too late, im selling, since I need a new bike :p )

D

dexa

Originally posted by zlair
Im not playing nomore...

(at least not until GOA give me my buff bot back ;) - and if too late, im selling, since I need a new bike :p )

so many stealhters would have a new bike! :)

Users who are viewing this thread