Blademaster Spec

Marc

FH is my second home
I currently have a lvl 45 FIRBOLG BLUNT blademaster. I was wondering if this spec is viable or should I respec to blades?

Also, could any1 tell me what WS is based on for both blades and Blunt, and also, what armours are weak/neutral and resistant to both blades and blunt. I tried to google it but couldnt find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Heard, blade BM´s hit hardest.. If not trust i dunno about that.. But blade and blunt i believe is pure str based dmg.. at least blade is. Moust bm´s goes 50blade 50 cd rest parry.

PonZaC

One of Freddy's beloved
Blunt has stun parry style, and hits very hard.
Blade hits fast and has evul backstyle, and hits hard.
Pierceing has stun evade style, and hits medium (If u don't have bmf :E).

My opinion :D (Not sure)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I believe both blades and blunt are str based. Pierce is strength / dex based.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
blades = slash (str based)
blunt = crush (str based)
pierce = thrust (dex/str based)

translated to alb language ;(

blunt is good solo, and fine in grp, but blades offers the best weapons + best styles for grp :)

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
kinda depends of what you want :)

blunt is just gimp imo :p

blades malice+ctd combo is neat in grps, can debuff people if you cant make the kill before you get mezzed/grappled etc..

pierce is what i am, and yes its not worth it without broodmother fang.. Tho you can get kinda high hits with it cause cap is higher with slower mainhand, cant get malice proc as that tho wich is a downer, and then you have lower ws because its str/dex.

Depends on playstyle i guess :)

Btw huntingtons they all three get the same styles in CD :) depending if you wanna use blades backchain, else its the same..

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Pierce is very nice imho, especially cuz its very good vs most support classes.
Pierce > chain ( shammies, healers, clerics, mincers etc )

Though as a firb you cant really go pierce w/o gimping yourself utterly xD

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Argyle_Avendale said:
Though as a firb you cant really go pierce w/o gimping yourself utterly xD
Actually, firbolg has better weaponskill than all other races when using pierce

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
slash is best damagetype in my opinion, followed closely by pierce if you can get the right weapons (otherwise don't bother)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
pierce is best for celt
blade/blunt are best for firby .. blade is better then blunt, blunt has only 2 good sides .. 1st is that u do +dam to berserkers and savages iirc and 2nd is that it has parry stun chain .. but not like u use that a lot in rvr :E

And anyway, if u get right weps as vf said (bmf etc) go pierce if u are celt :p
+dam to enemy healing classes and mercs and still neutral to all casters sooo :)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
blunt is good solo, and fine in grp, but blades offers the best weapons + best styles for grp :)
Umm, what weps blade offers u that u cant get as blunter? Not like most use artis anyway + PoC blunt wep is slower then blade iirc 4.3spd.
And about styles .. most use CD styles in rvr .. side chain is of d00m and also id use CD back style for snare, wouldnt use blade1 :E

Marc

FH is my second home
Cheers for the input. Been most welcome, think I will respec it to blades :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
blade backstyle has very high growthrate, its nice to use when PF procs. until then, snowshower > *

with crush you're neutral to all mids and resistant to alb chain, it's worthless. blade has a bonus on zerks/savages which is the only weakness of those classes, so it should be exploited.. and slash is neutral to all albs

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
the actual difference between the end dmg result of both blade and cd chains is bugger all tbh, and id rather make sure they're snared so they are actually within reach of doing dmg to..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom