Blade Runner Sequel

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I need to see it again.
Not really. Hype and everyone telling you it's amazing is the surest way to make people feel "meh" about it.

Harrison Ford said he fucking *hated* this film. He clearly misses the adulation and/or money he once had as a film star or why would he agree to a sequel?

Nate

FH is my second home
May all your McDonalds French Fries be cold for the rest of your days Trem.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and forget all about this film. @Trem

Re.....rea.....READ! Bloody hell my beautiful chum I forgot what that feels like, I get to read Viz every morning while I have a pooh but that's it. SO many books I want to read but I know I never will because of the thoughts in my head and the noise outside of it. Noiseaholics everywhere (that was out of the last book I read by Chucky P)

May all your McDonalds French Fries be cold for the rest of your days Trem.

They always are anyway so in your face!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Not really. Hype and everyone telling you it's amazing is the surest way to make people feel "meh" about it.

Exactly this.

It was like Interstellar - people telling me it was a masterpiece of cinema, a modern classic, that if I didn't go and see it I would die at midnight. I disliked it before I even went to see it, and when I did see it, I thought it was a fly-ridden excrement.

Trem

Exactly this.

It was like Interstellar - people telling me it was a masterpiece of cinema, a modern classic, that if I didn't go and see it I would die at midnight. I disliked it before I even went to see it, and when I did see it, I thought it was a fly-ridden excrement.

It was too long and at one point I was afraid it was going to be like Contact (possibly the worst film I have ever seen) but it was ok, wasn't 8.8/10 good like it scores on IMDB though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I dunno. I've kinda got a soft spot for it. I know it's a bit shit, but I still like it.

The whole religious apologia in the movie and the second secret machine just made me want to throw bricks at the screen.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
...but that's the same in the book. It's been 20 years since I read it but I wish they'd put the "big organic thing that filled a swimming pool and appeared to do fuck all" in the film :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
...but that's the same in the book. It's been 20 years since I read it but I wish they'd put the "big organic thing that filled a swimming pool and appeared to do fuck all" in the film :(

No it isn't. They built three machines in the book and they weren't secret, the religious figure wasn't her lover in the book he was her sort of adversary, and she didn't go on her own making the whole thing an "act of faith" delivered by a sole prophet.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The whole religious apologia in the movie and the second secret machine just made me want to throw bricks at the screen.
It's the fact it was "secret" rather than not that kinda makes it silly. However, the fact that the film leaves space for the religious argument (rather than trashing it outright - which it should do IMO) does piss me off.

But still, it's underlying message is still a hopeful one.

Edit: It was 2, not 3 in the book IIRC. And yes, a team would have been much better.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No it isn't. They built three machines in the book and they weren't secret, the religious figure wasn't her lover in the book he was her sort of adversary, and she didn't go on her own making the whole thing an "act of faith" delivered by a sole prophet.

Erm, the third machine (second in the film) was secret.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
US one gets blown up, USSR one doesn't work, secret one does the job.

Trem

Lets all agree that Contact felt like it was on for 17 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom