Black Mesa Source

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm struggling to kill the Helicopter :(

Anyone noticed that every campaign game always has a bit in the game where you take a machine gun, and then suddenly lots of bad guys spawn behind you for you to mow down?!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If its the part where you are crossing a dam then just run a bit and wait for it to spawn, then run back to the shed, use the rail gun type thing on it, charge it up with right click and fire, then hide again, rinse and repeat.

If it's later on where you find a rocket launcher in the cliffs, right click for laser guidance and shoot it down.

I like how basic it is tbh, no maps, no big flashing arrows telling you where to go. While its spruced up it is after all an 11 year old game.

My only issue is that the guns just don't feel particularly powerful.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
yeah i also like the isolated, basic feel to it.. it's atmospheric without the need to be flash.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I forgot how open old FPS's used to be. They wanted to show off the engine and give you everything to look at. Modern FPS's seem like watching a movie in comparison.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't believe the hassle i'm having trying to download this :( "go here" "make an account here" "install ten million tons of bloatware i don't want"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Mine was just a download thingy...might have even been a steam link but I have a memory like a goldfish.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
can't find it on steam
It'll be on there eventually, it was Greenlit, franky ignore until its a single click install.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It is. I downloaded a .zip, ran a setup and then it installed. It's not hard :D

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I've no doubt that when I actually can get the zip file it will be fine. It's getting it that's been the problem.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Again mate, don't bother until it's on Steam, it'll take care of all that shit.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I don't understand what's so hard?

It was a case of following a link to a website from the Black Mesa site and selecting to download.

Kryten

Old Cow.
You have to jump through more hoops installing a game from a CD from EA software.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's not hard, just playing a remake isn't on my list of priorities when I've spent Borderlands 2 money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom