[QUESTION] Black background

MaiTijger

Fledgling Freddie
I apologise if this question has already been asked somewhere, but I couldn't find it around here:

Whenever I log in with my beta account, I get the loading screen and then the buttons for server choice, char creation, etc, but no background. On another forum I found someone who had the same problem and posted some screenshots:

Redfoxert said:

This is what it looks like.

Does anybody else have this problem and/or knows what's causing it?
I have the latest drivers for all my appliances, tried logging on with my firewall and antivirus disables, but to no avail. It cannot be any problems with the files themselves, because the same beta client download works fine on my bf's computer.
The only thing on my computer that's slightly substandard is my CPU. Could that really be causing this kind of problems?

Any help or advice is very much appreciated. I just wish I could play WAR on my own pc when my CE arrives :mad:

Jericho

Fledgling Freddie
I had a similar-ish problem when I changed some graphic settings and the resolution: The background was there, but the sky was completely black. After I relaunched, it was all fine.

To me, this sounds like you have either out of date graphics drivers, or perhaps DirectX could do with reinstalling.

Can you try changing all your graphics down to minimum from that screen and see what happens? (Might need to restart WAR after you changed the settings).

Are you running ATi or nVidia graphics card?

MaiTijger

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the advice :)

I already tried reinstalling my graphics drivers before, but it didn't help. I've got an ATI Radeon 1950X. According to the WAR site it should work with the game.

I just installed the latest DirectX and reduced the settings to "Fastest Framerate" and changed the resolution to 1024*768. But no luck as of yet.

:(

MaiTijger

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't try that, but don't really see a problem with the files. The same download worked fine on another PC. And I've also tried installing it with the official dvd's now, but no change.

Really the only things I can still think off that could be causing the problem would be my WindowsXP - 64 bit or my processor of 2.21 Ghertz instead of 2.5 as recommended on the WAR site. But I'm not sure if either could cause this problem.

Does anybody else run WAR with either Windows XP 64 or an "outdated" processor and has these same problems? Or more importantly *doesn't* have these problems, so I can cut them from my "possible causes" list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom