Bit of ranger help please.

E

Erekrose

Just popping into your server and decided to toll Hib again.

Main question is as follows really.

I was planning this spec,

Stealth 27
Celits Dual 25
Pierce 25
Bow 39
Path 48

Im now wondering about using a shield instead of Dual Wielding.

This would enable the following spec,

Stealth 21
Pierce 39
Bow 39
Path 48

Can you fire a proc off a shield if you dont shield spec?
Would 25 CD out weigh 39 pierce? I presum with high dex i would block alot as well as evade.

Any thoughts?

O

old.willowywicca

you might want to read xest's theory of bowivity (one of the posts below) before you consider speccing bow to 39.. it's a bit of a waste..

R

revminster

Imho don't even think about using shield instead of CD.
With decent CD you'll take down your opponent much faster, and unspeccable shield is not something to base your defense on in RvR. Try get high pierce/CD, with high Dex/quick and dodger 1-3 you'll be way better off than using a shield. Shield might be ok when exping, but in RvR it's kinda useless.

M

Melodic

Originally posted by old.willowywicca
you might want to read xest's theory of bowivity (one of the posts below) before you consider speccing bow to 39.. it's a bit of a waste..

agreed

I am a bit miffed that xest didn't do this test before I used my respec :p

F

Falcon

There's a simple reason for celtic dual over sheild. The ranger self damage add buff effects both hands, at 46 path it's a 9dps buff, now say you could hit every time with both hands, you'd actually be racking up 16.2dps (The offhand supposedly hit for 80% mainhand damage, this does, afaik effect the damage add too, although heard a lot of people say they don't feel the 80% offhand cap exists - kind of inclined to agree with them). Obviously you wont hit every time, but at 50 CD including items you get around 50 - 60% chance to dual wield, even at 50% chance that's an extra 3.6dps from offhand (12.6dps total) which is far more than any single weilder/sheild user is going to get as a damage add (Highest is enchanters at 10dps afaik). This is a massive amount of damage output to simply ignore. Not to mention the fact unspecced sheild doesn't block an awful lot anyway.

The ideal way to go melee is dual wield with decent damage add, decent celtic dual and use equal speed fastish weapons, angled daggers if peirce I think, sickles if blades like me.

Users who are viewing this thread