Biscuits: tea dunking

What's the best biscuit for dunking in tea ?

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What is the best biscuit for dunking in tea ?

(shortbread goes into the "plain" category)

(cookies go into "plain" unless they have a greater than 40% chocolate content by volume in which case they go into one of the choccy categories)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
for lots of dunks i would say short bread, but for the quick soak up one dunk probably something like a rich tea or a cookie.

i prefer the middle of the road bourbon

confused

Can't get enough of FH
problem with shortbreads is that if you leave them in the tea for about 5s or so the dunked part falls off.... worse feeling ever when you see it happenning, as it always happens just as you undunk it

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I love a good dunk. But I don't drink my tea with sugar. So having half a biscuit sitting at the bottom of my mug doesn't appeal to me. I dunk it long enough for the tea to be absorbed, a little sogginess, but not so that it breaks off.

Dunking is a science :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
(cookies go into "plain" unless they have a greater than 40% chocolate content by volume in which case they go into one of the choccy categories)

You do mean 40% "persiavable" chocolate content.

Since none of that commercial crap has that high a real chocolate factor.

Aaanyway, no dunking for me since dunking a bissie in the fizzie would be weird.

Yes i've done it! Happy now...

B

Benedictine

someone did a scientific experiment on this a few years ago - cant remember what turned out to be best - may have been a gingernut

Laddey

FH is my second home
Honestly, is there any question? Hob Knobs rule. Ask peter kay

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Well i don't like tea personally but if i had to do it, it would have to be a pink wafer.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Hobnobs are hardcore dunkers, i cant beleive u missed them of the list!

Laddey

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
Hobnobs are hardcore dunkers, i cant beleive u missed them of the list!

Flat choccy (eg. chocolate digestive, hob knob)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Choc digestives or bourbons 4tehwin.

While were at it...is dunking socially acceptable in mixed company? I never really figured that one out my whole adult life out. Always seemed to me something best done in private, like licking the plate clean or picking ur nose.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Gingernut biccies...

Thing is their not to sweet. Biccies with two much sugar take away the flavour of your cuppa cha...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
tea is fucking minging.

watery hot milk, wtf.

strong black coffee is what you need.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Hobnobs are for the hardcore dippers ;)

RICH are the nicest ever !!!!1

Bahumat

FH is my second home
natalie imbruglia said on graham norton's show about what the aussies call the orgasm biscuit, yeah sounds dumb i know but ms imbruglia is very hot so i'll let her off this time.

anyways you get a penguin bar, bite the top right and bottom left corners off, you dunk the open corner in and suck the other end, just as the tea hits you lips from the biscuit you put the whole thing in your mouth.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
rich teas are soooooooo not good at dunking imo :twak: they flop into the tea before they even get wet :(

hobnobs and digestives ftw! :D

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
tea is fucking minging.

watery hot milk, wtf.

i believe u have been having what i affectionately call Man Tea cos that seems to be how most men make/drink tea that i know - top tip dont just wave the bag at the cup let it sit in the water for a bit, perhaps even give it a stir:p

also SHORTBREAD FTW!! shortbread with chocolate chips in = even greater pwnage u can dunk em in either tea or coffee

RaR :worthy:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
nothing should be dunked in tea :(

ruins the taste of the biccy :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bahumat said:
anyways you get a penguin bar, bite the top right and bottom left corners off, you dunk the open corner in and suck the other end, just as the tea hits you lips from the biscuit you put the whole thing in your mouth.

she is a glen. ive been doing this with chocolate fingers and kit kats for the past 8 years.

OLD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom