Bioware...

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well started with Mass Effect 2 yesterday and was goin to buy the DLC Lair of the Shadowbroker. Was lacking a few Bioware points, so was goin to buy 800 points, and got a chock when i saw the price, frigging $72.60 for it. Then i looked at their forum and someone from Brazil was complaining he had to pay about $17 for same ammount up fro $10. Amazed at the HUGE difference in price. Guess biowares DLC´s are out of the question from now on.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
just looked.

800 points = £6.19

what country/website area you in ?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Shows same here at work witch is routed via Germany as at home (Sweden)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Hmmm went to choose payment option and there the point cost is shown as SEK so that first page must be a "display" error or they just lazy with the coding. Will check later at home after i put some cash on my card.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Is it the end for BioWare? Is it time to say goodbye o-ware?

BioWare founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk announce retirement
by Justin Olivetti on Sep 18th 2012 2:44PMSci-fi, MMO industry, Star Wars: The Old Republic0

The doctors... are out. BioWare announced that Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk, co-founders of the studio, are retiring from the gaming biz. The two have been instrumental in the creation of many hit RPGs, from Baldur's Gate to Mass Effect. For us MMO fans, they're best-known for helming the ship that brought us Star Wars: The Old Republic.

The two are taking a break, perhaps indefinitely, from game creation and management. Muzyka is looking to engage in charities and social work, while Zeschuk is going to dive into projects involving craft beer.

"This has been an incredibly difficult decision to make; after thinking about it for many months, I made the decision to retire from videogames back in early April 2012 -- at that time I provided six months' notice to EA, to help enable a solid transition for my teams at BioWare," Muzyka wrote in his farewell letter.

"This decision isn't without significant pain and regret, but it's also something I know I need to do, for myself and my family. I've reached an unexpected point in my life where I no longer have the passion that I once did for the company, for the games, and for the challenge of creation," Zeschuk said in his.

The two maintain that BioWare is in good hands and will continue to excel going forward.

Tags: baldurs-gate, bioware, breaking, ea, ea-bioware, electronic-arts, greg-zeschuk, lucasarts, mass-effect, ray-muzyka, retirement, sci-fi, star-wars, star-wars-the-old-republic, sub, subscription-fee, swtor, the-old-republic, tor

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/ex-bioware-dev-negativity-too-much-for-zeschuk-muzyka/
More stuff:
massively.com said:
Ex-BioWare dev: Negativity too much for Zeschuk, Muzyka
by Jef Reahard on Sep 28th 2012 11:00AMSci-fi, Culture, MMO industry, News items, Free-to-play, Star Wars: The Old Republic0

Former BioWare dev Trent Oster thinks that fan negativity probably contributed to the recent exit strategy for BioWare founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka.

"The last time I met up with [Greg], I felt his exhaustion," Oster told Now Gamer. 'Punch out, eject, get the hell out,' was my suggestion to him and it hit closer to the mark than I had realized. I also think the Mass Effect 3 fan reaction and the Old Republic fans' negativity was just too much."

Oster goes on to express surprise at Muzyka's departure, saying that he had him "pegged as an EA lifer."

"I'm sure the internal culture at EA had pinned the Old Republic conversion to free-to-play as a failure and hung that completely on Ray, so that would have hurt his upward climb. But, I figured he would fight harder. EA upper management must have been even worse than I thought," Oster explained.

Tags: bioware, ea, electronic-arts, f2p, free-to-play, greg-zeschuk, lucasarts, negativity, ray-muzyka, sci-fi, star-wars, star-wars-the-old-republic, sub, subscription-fee, swtor, the-old-republic, tor, trent-oster

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No. GAmers had nothing to do with it, press had nothing to do with it, EA had nothing to do with it. It's quite clear the guys just wanted to do other stuff :p

rynnor

Rockhound
They had enough 'screw you' money to walk when things went pearshaped which is fair enough.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bioware died the moment they were swallowed by EA, funnily enough the same time they started to produce shit games.

Hopefully the people that were responsible for the good times appear again with a new development studio.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Bioware died the moment they were swallowed by EA, funnily enough the same time they started to produce shit games.

Hopefully the people that were responsible for the good times appear again with a new development studio.

For me they didn't truly die until they made ME3 and screwed over so many of their fans by not keeping their promises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom