BioWare RPG's

Adari

Part of the furniture
Dear everyone,

As I have a bit more spare time now I thought I'd play one of the games I always wanted to. I cant seem to decide between kotor, jade empire and mass effect however.

Looking at the footage on gametrailers the jade empire combat seems really cool, but is the pc version (2007) still a valid option?

Any suggestions be appreciated!

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Have not played kotor, didn't like jade empire super much and mass effect is fucking awesome, so i vote for mass effect.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Why don't you play street fighter if you enjoy the real time combat? :p

I've had all of them, and Kotor was definately the best - by miles.

mass effect is full of bugs. I couldn't complete the main story because of one.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
kotor is awesome, well worth playing

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
jade empires i found quite dull, smells of console port

Kotor 1 is better than kotor 2
mass effect is what would of been kotor 3 if they hadnt made up their own IP for it.

ME is prob the best of the lot, kotor prob better if your a star wars nut, but both very worth while

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i quite liked jade empire.

even with the somewhat dodgy console port it can still be a proper fun game.

tho the replayability is nonexistant.

Corran

Part of the furniture
kotor 1 - the story is absolutely brillliant imo

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Kotor 1 was awesome! Shame I never played Kotor 2.

Jade Empire seemed ok, but I just felt like I was playing a poor mans KOTOR.

Syri

FH is my second home
Kotor 1 was awesome! Shame I never played Kotor 2.

Jade Empire seemed ok, but I just felt like I was playing a poor mans KOTOR.

I know what you mean on that... it felt just like kotor stuck into ancient China. Even kept the exact same alignment system, just renamed. Worked in the same way though. The combat system was pretty good though.
I never actually got round to finishing kotor or jade empire, maybe one day I will...

Adari

Part of the furniture
Thanks guys,

I went for Mass Effect. Really quite enjoying it, although at some points I get tired of the amount of dialogue. KOTOR will be next! ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thanks guys,

I went for Mass Effect. Really quite enjoying it, although at some points I get tired of the amount of dialogue. KOTOR will be next! ;)

The dialogue makes the game one of the best RPG's of all time.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Well........still enjoying ME. I got a bit bored after a few hours but luckily picked it up again and now I'm really liking it.

Although:
I still cant fucking believe ashley killed Wrex even though I said we could "work it out"! I quite liked him, kinda annoyed that he wont be in ME2 now... of course shortly after ashley died too, not happy about that either

oh but i just really hate the mako levels

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Although:
I still cant fucking believe ashley killed Wrex even though I said we could "work it out"! I quite liked him, kinda annoyed that he wont be in ME2 now... of course shortly after ashley died too, not happy about that either

eh? he never died on me :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
These games seem odd... I mean, keeping people happy seems easy - tell them you agree with their opinion on things even if you don't and hey presto, instant amigo! Just like real life, then.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Ive ignored most of the sidequests, only really because I found the main story so interesting. However, I'm now on Ilos with 14 hours played or so as a result. :S I'll really get into it the second play through I guess.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I rushed through ME on the first go, but with the second play through I went to every single planet and completed almost all of the side quests. Just a bit gutted I am a Soldier so no fancy zero powers for me, but I can kill anything with a few shots now.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I never liked the side quests in ME, the writing for them was nothing special and the planets you land on sucked bigtime.

Adari

Part of the furniture
I'm wondering if he will be dead in the second play through now as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom