BIOS Problem?

S

S-Gray

Well, today i bought myself some new memory, 256mb 2100. Anyway, when i got home, i fitted it, then noticed the computer would turn on, but there would be no feed to the monitor, the light would just be flashing...

I took out the new memory, left old memory in, but still it repeated what it did above..

*hmm*

after much much pissing about i finally got both of them working, i had to clear the CMOS and discharge the power left over by pressing the Power Button while no lead was in...

Simple.. oh no, i went into the BIOS to set all the stuff up again (Aint been in there in quite a while..) did what i needed to do, saved it and it reset... well actually it didnt, the power was on but again, the monitor was blinking... oh no :/, also if i reset/power down i have to discharge my computer otherwise it wont work.

I have absolutly no clue why this is happening, but can i also add that for some reason, my sound isnt working no more either for some reason, instead you get the computer "beep" when something happens, no music will play etc..

ack :/

They seem to be the only noticable problems... Fire away!

Ooh knew i forgot somethin

Athlon 1800+
Abit KG7 RAID
Geforce 3 Ti200
2* 256mb DDR 2100 Memory
Soundblaster Live 5.1

K

kameleon

Have you changed your fsb settings by accident?

make sure that you havent dislodged any of the cards slightly.

S

S-Gray

You sir, are a champion! ;)

But problem 2... the sound.. it just "died" for no good reason

K

kameleon

Its probably due to your irq settings being rassigned by the os. Did you select acpi in the bios before rebooting?

S

S-Gray

Sorted now.. i took the card out and reseated it, then i reinstalled the drivers.. works better than before! heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom