binding spells to your mouse

- English -

Resident Freddy
just got my new deathadder mouse and was wondering if you can bind spells to it. Tried using the qbind option ingame but doesnt work. cheers

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
just got my new deathadder mouse and was wondering if you can bind spells to it. Tried using the qbind option ingame but doesnt work. cheers

Not quit sure how it works, Is there a way to set a key on your keyboard you dont use to be the mouse click.

IE Pause Break i dont use at all, So default Pause Break to the button on the side of your mouse on windows?

Thats the only thing i can think of :/

Lethul

FH is my second home

well, i use a Copperhead but i guess its about the same drivers? If so , yes there is a way. Not for mouse1/mouse2/mouse3 but for the other 4(dunno if deathadder has 4 or 2 extra buttons :p)

Go to your Razer(Synapse) Configurator and simply change the thumb buttons to "Assign a key/macro" instead of whatever you have there atm (most likely mouse4 or something similiar). Now chose "Single Key" and take for example "F5". I use F5-F9 for my extra buttons. Anything works of course as long as it don't bother your ingame controls. And now simply qbind to F5 instead of trying to qbind to mouse4 and it will work.

You can also if you are lazy make macros on 1 mousebutton, like a automatic drink pot macro on 1 mouse button or a melee style chain on 1 button :)

Then simply bind a macro to the mousebutton (like F5 F6 F7) and bind appropriate things (i had /use on F5 and powerpot on F6 and bound both to same button). Enjoy that new super mouse :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
well, i use a Copperhead but i guess its about the same drivers? If so , yes there is a way. Not for mouse1/mouse2/mouse3 but for the other 4(dunno if deathadder has 4 or 2 extra buttons :p)

Go to your Razer(Synapse) Configurator and simply change the thumb buttons to "Assign a key/macro" instead of whatever you have there atm (most likely mouse4 or something similiar). Now chose "Single Key" and take for example "F5". I use F5-F9 for my extra buttons. Anything works of course as long as it don't bother your ingame controls. And now simply qbind to F5 instead of trying to qbind to mouse4 and it will work.

You can also if you are lazy make macros on 1 mousebutton, like a automatic drink pot macro on 1 mouse button or a melee style chain on 1 button :)

Then simply bind a macro to the mousebutton (like F5 F6 F7) and bind appropriate things (i had /use on F5 and powerpot on F6 and bound both to same button). Enjoy that new super mouse :)

<3 u tnx

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved

Both types of macro's are forbidden however.

Danita

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
No they aren't :)

(well the chain is)

DARK AGE OF CAMELOT (TM) END USER ACCESS AND LICENSE AGREEMENT said:
4. MISCONDUCT

The Game reflects a carefully balanced internal economy. Mythic has worked hard to build a world that does not repeat the mistakes of past on-line role-playing games, and to strike a balance that we believe makes the Game enjoyable, challenging and fun for players of all levels. Therefore, there are certain practices that Mythic prohibits.

A. Hacks, Cheats, Macros, Modifications, and/or Changes to the Game; Account "Loading"

You may not use any of your own or third-party software to modify the Game Content to change Game play. You may not use our intellectual property rights contained in the Game Content or the Software, or any information accessible through the System, to create or provide any other means through which the System may be accessed and/or the Game may be played by others, as, for example, through server emulators.

You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our System. You may not use in Game play macros or other stored rapid keystrokes, "dupes," "cheats" or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not use your or third-party software to rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in such a way as to use the System to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or performed in the Game.

You may not engage in any conduct or practice that results in an Account containing items, objects, currency, character attributes, rank, or status that are inappropriate for the level or rank of the character contained in the Account, i.e., "item loading," SUCH CONDUCT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND SHALL CONSTITUTE A MATERIAL BREACH OF THIS EUALA. Conduct prohibited shall include, without limitation, arranging, making or accepting in-Game transfers of items to a character without adequate in-Game consideration, thereby augmenting or aggregating items in the transferee character's Account and having the effect of increasing its value for purposes of an out-of-game Account sale

think the two bits in bold state that using macroable software brakes the EUALA but proving it is way beyond goa/mythics ability as they cant see what your running.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
think the two bits in bold state that using macroable software brakes the EUALA but proving it is way beyond goa/mythics ability as they cant see what your running.

Yeh the style chain is like I said, but there's nothing wrong with using a mouse button to have a /qbind on - ie for drinking a potion, using a charge, RA etc. Its just like doing /qbind and hitting F4 but having F4 as Mouse6 for example

I don't use it on my main PC but when I had a bot PC my cleric/shaman used to have MCL and /assist on buttons for example using the Logitech keybinding kit.

Azonic

Loyal Freddie
damn so i cant make a macro for my pally to twist all 6 chants in a row? Would save me loads of effort, especially in a dragon raid for example when i have to press 6 buttons every 10 secs for over an hour :/

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
damn so i cant make a macro for my pally to twist all 6 chants in a row? Would save me loads of effort, especially in a dragon raid for example when i have to press 6 buttons every 10 secs for over an hour :/

Officially no, but who's gonna prove it? Personally I think that twisting should be handled by the DaoC client anyway - just add a list of spells to a queue and then click it and it repeats endlessly. Played a pally for a year and after some five+ hour sessions my wrist used to be agony. If I'd have had the facility to twist all chants on one button I'd have done it.

EvilDonut

Fledgling Freddie
I think I read something like this a while back which said they were considering changes like that but couldn't improve pallies ability to twist as that would make them OPd in RvR (obviously they had over filled their crack pipes) and they couldn't nerf them by removing twisting in favor of a more user-friendly method of chanting because too many pallies complained at the mere suggestion, saying they would delete etc.

It was ok back when we just had 4 main chants but at the moment it means pallies cannot really use what they paid good spec points to get. And theres the resist chants too - a mostly wasted group of spells as our quickbars just cannot cope.

Most peoples' solution at the moment is to just create different quickbars for different situations, each with only 4 or 5 chants on which are judged to be most important for that situation. e.g. in group RvR you don't need healchant so no point twisting it or having it on the quickbar.

You may not use any of your own or third-party software to modify the Game Content to change Game play.

This rule covers so many of the programs currently used by players now - teamspeak/vent fit into this category yet as far as I know mythic/goa are fine with them.

You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our System. You may not use in Game play macros or other stored rapid keystrokes, "dupes," "cheats" or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play.

This rule forbids macros whose purpose is to either exploit bugs in the game that lead to one item being duplicated into two or more identical items (a common bug in many online RPG-style games but never seen one in daoc) or that allow you to gain items, money, etc faster than normal. It is debatable whether software which, for instance, binds 6 pally chants to 1 mouse button would be breaking this rule. The rule given does not explicitly rule out that kind of thing.

And then theres the question of whether or not it can be detected. If the DAoC client scans your list of running programs to compare against known third party 'cheat' programs then they need to get users to agree to this by dedicating a paragraph or so to it in the licence agreement. Does anyone know if there is such a paragraph?

If not, they could also have some code in the game that detects when 'fake' keystrokes are sent to it (which is how the macro programs tend to work). Ive never seen differentiates between real and fake keystrokes like this but I guess its possible to implement. Does anyone know if they do this at the moment?

If not then I think the only way you could be detected is for a GM to observe you using the macro in game, so if you make it obvious that you are using a macro then you are more likely to be slapped :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I think I read something like this a while back which said they were considering changes like that but couldn't improve pallies ability to twist as that would make them OPd in RvR (obviously they had over filled their crack pipes) and they couldn't nerf them by removing twisting in favor of a more user-friendly method of chanting because too many pallies complained at the mere suggestion, saying they would delete etc.

It was ok back when we just had 4 main chants but at the moment it means pallies cannot really use what they paid good spec points to get. And theres the resist chants too - a mostly wasted group of spells as our quickbars just cannot cope.

Most peoples' solution at the moment is to just create different quickbars for different situations, each with only 4 or 5 chants on which are judged to be most important for that situation. e.g. in group RvR you don't need healchant so no point twisting it or having it on the quickbar.

This rule covers so many of the programs currently used by players now - teamspeak/vent fit into this category yet as far as I know mythic/goa are fine with them.

This rule forbids macros whose purpose is to either exploit bugs in the game that lead to one item being duplicated into two or more identical items (a common bug in many online RPG-style games but never seen one in daoc) or that allow you to gain items, money, etc faster than normal. It is debatable whether software which, for instance, binds 6 pally chants to 1 mouse button would be breaking this rule. The rule given does not explicitly rule out that kind of thing.

And then theres the question of whether or not it can be detected. If the DAoC client scans your list of running programs to compare against known third party 'cheat' programs then they need to get users to agree to this by dedicating a paragraph or so to it in the licence agreement. Does anyone know if there is such a paragraph?

If not, they could also have some code in the game that detects when 'fake' keystrokes are sent to it (which is how the macro programs tend to work). Ive never seen differentiates between real and fake keystrokes like this but I guess its possible to implement. Does anyone know if they do this at the moment?

If not then I think the only way you could be detected is for a GM to observe you using the macro in game, so if you make it obvious that you are using a macro then you are more likely to be slapped :)

With regards to the pally thing, they should have a bank of four slots in game that are twistable by just switching them on : so you slap in end, heal, celerity, magic abs in RvR for example and just turn it on. End of the fekking day, we're doing this manually anyway (if you're not a crap pally) and so what's the difference except healthier hands? None.

With regards to DaoC scanning for macro programs, third party programs, etc, no there's none of that. If I remember right, they need a separate agreement in order to do it and even then its legally a bit dodgy.

Also its not possible to tell if a person or a macro program is crafting within the confines of the client. There is some pattern when it comes to keystrokes, but a clever person gets round that by downloading a film on torrentspy and creating random latency =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom