Bills

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
....and pr0n, dont forget the pr0n dude

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Valuation Office Agency - homepage to find out the council tax band.

Preston council tax charges; based on the band you find above Council tax in Preston | Preston Council Tax Bands & Rates | UpMyStreet

No one can tell you the rest; you need to talk to the current tenant and find out what their average electric, gas and water bills are. Shopping is a very personal thing, only you'll know that. Figure out what you'll need each week, go onto a supermarket website and total it up.

... Just having a look your council tax is ridiculously expensive. Preston charges more than a lot of London councils..heh.

So £425, maybe £120 a month council tax if you are band B (will be B or C most likely for a 2 bed). Let's guestimate £50 on average for bills a month. So that's just under £600 without Tv, internet, or food.

edit: // don't double it. LOL

russell

FH is my second home
Ed, If you were really kind you would send Laddey your back catalogue, to help him out, while he gets on his feet with real bills. Mind you the cost of hiring a lorry (lorries) might not make it worthwhile:p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gas/Elec on a decent online dual fuel tarrif no more than £80 a month.
Council Tax £80 a month based on a flat which will be band A knowing Preston and the valuations of property the last time assessments were made.
Water £40 a month.
TV Licence £12 a month.
Telephone £20 a month.
Food for two people? £200 a month is a good starting point.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh another thing laddey; electric heating is the devil's work. Find somewhere with gas central heating. It will be better for heating the flat and your water. Will probably cost you less as well.

edit:// ch0, you bill estimations seem to be based on worst case. I'd not expect anyone to pay so much for gas, electric and water in a 2 bed. That's fucking insane.

Edmond

I meant everything. Utilities, tv, web, mobile phone, council tax, food (i'm assuming its you and Meg) things like gym membership, going out. normal everyday spending, i meant everything

Edmond

Ed, If you were really kind you would send Laddey your back catalogue, to help him out, while he gets on his feet with real bills. Mind you the cost of hiring a lorry (lorries) might not make it worthwhile:p

:kissit:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh another thing laddey; electric heating is the devil's work. Find somewhere with gas central heating. It will be better for heating the flat and your water. Will probably cost you less as well.

edit:// ch0, you bill estimations seem to be based on worst case. I'd not expect anyone to pay so much for gas, electric and water in a 2 bed. That's fucking insane.

Yeah the gas/elec is based slightly higher usage for a couple in a flat with average insulation. Alot depends on things like having a dishwasher, how many showers per person per week, combi boiler or immersion heater etc. My own bill is £64 a month for gas/elec combined, my PC is a beast though and is never off, all my lighting is low energy though plus I don't have a dishwasher and only wash my cock once a month. :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Im going at it solo.

About 2000 give or take a hundred

Well if you are out at work all day and living alone then you can cut the fuel bills by at least 25%. £60 a month is a good starting point.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Well if you are out at work all day and living alone then you can cut the fuel bills by at least 25%. £60 a month is a good starting point.
Yeah i understand that.

Is £450 a lot for a flat?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Im going at it solo.

About 2000 give or take a hundred

Single person discount for council tax 25%.

Food probably won't cost you much less, it's sometimes easier to buy and cook in bulk than it is for one.

You'd easily afford that based on your earnings; but it begs the question, if it's only for you; why spend more for a two bed? Get a one bed. Council tax, and bills will be cheaper.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i understand that.

Is £450 a lot for a flat?

Not high for two beds in a reasonable area no but you can get a two bed house for the same money, heating bills will be higher though and council tax too potentially. Personally I would go for the house though, a small garden and an extra downstairs room or a big kitchen is a boon for quality of life imo.

Edmond

.......car insurance, car tax, petrol, new clothes, saturday nights out....etc etc etc

EVERYTHING !!!!!

Laddey

FH is my second home
Incase i have guests etc.

Storage...whatever really, just seems logical based on what i can rake in a month to get a 2 bedroom

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Get a one bed with a separate lounge and kitchen - not open plan. The guest issue is sorted, they can sleep on the sofa or you can get a inflatable bed or sofa bed. Don't spend money you don't have to.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Incase i have guests etc.

Storage...whatever really, just seems logical based on what i can rake in a month to get a 2 bedroom

Nice flat? What is the area like? If you could get a nice little 2 bed house for the same money or an extra £50 then why not?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Get a one bed with a separate lounge and kitchen - not open plan. The guest issue is sorted, they can sleep on the sofa or you can get a inflatable bed or sofa bed. Don't spend money you don't have to.

I kind of don't agree there. A one bed won't be much cheaper (seriously, probably save you £50 a month) and if it turns out you're struggling with the bills you'd have a spare room for a lodger.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Agreed on the open plan bit as it can be a real pain in the arse for cleaning as your furniture can be ruined by smoke/steam/fat from cooking in the kitchen area. My first flat was just like that and it killed a nice couch, curtains and carpets within two years. Seperate rooms is idea, a kitchen should be a proper kitchen imo.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh and Laddey; ALWAYS offer less than they are marketed at. A good guide is to look at what your local council pays for DSS tenants, then offer £50 or so less than that. Most landlords will be happier with a private tenant.

Yeah good point Gaffer, I suppose I'm thinking London prices, where there is a bigger difference in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom