big thombs up for GOA...

Flombert

Fledgling Freddie
NOT...

How come you ask ppl to keep their password in incrypted files, when you make sure that on patch day a prg. like norton password manager can't log you in, becource you make some weird changes... fuck you or for once do something for the players, I might be the only one relying on another pgr. to manage my passwords but you just take the piss as no other prg. makes the same problems as you do, not even my bank...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We advise people to keep their logins in encrypted files so that if someone gains access to your computer, they can't just open the daocpass.txt file in your shared folder and steal your account. It's a simple and basic security measure to take - just encrypting the text file with all your sensitive information in. We don't (and never have) recommend using a third party program to log you in as the client is subject to change at irregular intervals and it's impossible to guarantee that it will won't conflict with whatever program you are using.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
im conservative i know, but i dont see anything wrong with encrypting these pws in my brain, seriously, nothing is gonna crack that code, besides i dont have to drag my laptop around.
i think the brain was a tool partly meant to remember stuff, not too sure tho, cant really remember, but anyways a 6-10 digit line of numbers and letters isnt rocket science to remember ^^

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Jobil said:
im conservative i know, but i dont see anything wrong with encrypting these pws in my brain, seriously, nothing is gonna crack that code, besides i dont have to drag my laptop around.
i think the brain was a tool partly meant to remember stuff, not too sure tho, cant really remember, but anyways a 6-10 digit line of numbers and letters isnt rocket science to remember ^^

Well, that's not always possible.
You see, some people have a very small brain that's only capable of memorizing their name and some other irrelevant data. Also, some people have 5 or more passwords and cba to remember them all.

I've got my DAoC pass memorized, because I use it for another thing too.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Well, that's not always possible.
You see, some people have a very small brain that's only capable of memorizing their name and some other irrelevant data. Also, some people have 5 or more passwords and cba to remember them all.

I've got my DAoC pass memorized, because I use it for another thing too.
i heard it was a muscle and thus can be trained.... so when in a AC-group and you just sitting there mashing one button, take a mental time out and chant your PW out loud, eventually you'll get them all and if really you rawk, you can start to say them backwords and later on you can put music on it too, imagine Snappi (the crocodile tune)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Jobil said:
i heard it was a muscle and thus can be trained.... so when in a AC-group and you just sitting there mashing one button, take a mental time out and chant your PW out loud, eventually you'll get them all and if really you rawk, you can start to say them backwords and later on you can put music on it too, imagine Snappi (the crocodile tune)
-.-

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Jobil said:

<hands Jobil a biscuit> How about now? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom