Big Society

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
It just sounds to me like alot of words, and nothing will change as per usual

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I am a little confused as to where all these unpaid volunteers are going to come from. I am all for volunteers doing work for charity ect, but that isn't what this is about, it is actually about replacing people's jobs with volunteers and putting a friendly face on the idea. I wonder how well those volunteers will sleep at night knowing they are replacing paid staff who will now be out of a job, I am not sure I would be comfortable with the idea.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
At first glance it seems to be vague hints of getting people to work for free for companies that will provide government services.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sounds to me like capitalism can no longer afford to give us the benefits it should as we can't afford the interest payments any more...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its all well and good but the idea of belonging to a local community has been stamped out under labour where possible, what with all the rules and regulations to strangle pubs, the closure of post offices, building shit hole housing estates with no identity on every spare bit of land.

Its probably something you notice more living in the country but there needs to be a bit more than just a couple of nice sounding ideas if we are going to regain the feeling of belonging to a community.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hardly capitalism's fault. The country spent more than it earnt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hardly capitalism's fault. The country spent more than it earnt.

We run a financial system in a way that means we can never get out of debt.

Hardly our fault eh? :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We run a financial system in a way that means we can never get out of debt.

Hardly our fault eh? :)

We don't need to get *totally* out of debt. Just not spunk gazillions up the wall.

And it's all our fault for voting Labour in too many times.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
But Wij - not having to take responsibility is what labour does best.

All these schools about to falldown, massive public borrowing and all after labour has an "iron chancellor" with his "golden rule" and beating "boom and bust" and doubles school
spending.

CLEARLY ITS THE CONSERVATIVES FAULT.

rynnor

Rockhound
I like it - the idea's are a bit un-formed currently but any govt that seeks to encourage volunteering rather than raising expensive obstacles to it like the last govt is going in the right direction.

I dont think its just about volunteering though - its actually more radical than that about redefining the relationship between citizen and state.

Wait n see...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
[it's about] redefining the relationship between citizen and state

They need to repeal the official secrets act if they're interested in doing that - and whilst they're at it, they should let us vote on something important.

Oh, and failure to live up to their manifesto and the spirit of their manifesto should be a criminal act - punishable by the insertion of live wasps into various body edifices :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
We don't need to get *totally* out of debt. Just not spunk gazillions up the wall.

Agreed.

75% mortgages, 95% mortgages, 100% mortgages then 125% mortgages - fuck sake, what a joke.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, and failure to live up to their manifesto and the spirit of their manifesto should be a criminal act - punishable by the insertion of live wasps into various body edifices :)

nah, just do that when they are elected. Politicians lie.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
They might be using the volunter style system as a sneaky way of making use of many of the people on benefits. Many places now like Hospitals and schools are full of professionals clogged down by many basic tasks that take up a lot of their time, meaning they have much less time to actually do their proper jobs ect.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Volunteering can be good fun. I volunteer on my local canal and although its hard work, you develop a strong sense of pride in what you've achieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom