Sport Big Phil - SACKED

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Heh, with the current lack of loyalty between clubs and managers going on in the premiership, I did have a bit of a pondering after seeing their draw against hull. Was going to post on OT about the draw seeing as the Chelsea squad is worth 10x the amount of the Hull squad :D

Funny in a way but absolutely ridiculous. When has sacking a manager mid season ever benefitted a club?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, with the current lack of loyalty between clubs and managers going on in the premiership, I did have a bit of a pondering after seeing their draw against hull. Was going to post on OT about the draw seeing as the Chelsea squad is worth 10x the amount of the Hull squad :D

Funny in a way but absolutely ridiculous. When has sacking a manager mid season ever benefitted a club?

Avram Grant did a better job than him tbh

Its going to be interesting who comes in now, who would work for Roman?

Everz

FH is my second home
Chelsea.. what a joke of a club they are. Can't expect someone to turn around an aging and failing squad within 6 months.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ha, apparently they could give Grant his job back in the short term, and are also looking at Hiddink.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I do find this funny as a Chelsea supporter, I mean with the various issues such as injuries, bad attitudes, etc who the hell would want the job.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Roman's train set is obviously losing its sheen, so he's decided to hit it with hammers and generally break it into a million pieces. UEFA Cup football awaits.

Sar

Part of the furniture
UEFA Cup?

The way they're going they'll be lucky to make the InterToto Cup.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Right decision imo. Scolari clearly didn't have a clue, was tactically inept, managed to rip all the fight out of Chelsea Football Club, and if stories creeping out from within are to be believed, most of the players had lost faith in him too. He's a nice guy and his record speaks for itself, however a lack of experience in European club football has just bit him in the ass.

Look at things this way, your name is Steve Clarke. You run the training sessions at Chelsea. It's November. Your team is setting fire to the league and looking like sweeping all before it. You get a job offer for an identical job, on no doubt lesser money, from West Ham. Would you honeslty take it unless you'd seen something really unsettling from the new manager?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Chelsea were better off under "The One" as he had the highest success rate of the last two....

Roman just wants results all the time and unfortunately football is a funny game as the best team does not always win...

Fast

Part of the furniture
I do find this funny as a Chelsea supporter, I mean with the various issues such as injuries, bad attitudes, etc who the hell would want the job.

6million for 7months work.. hmm I'd cope :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom