Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A new pve mini expansion...

Yeah.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its f2p on Uthgard :)

They did do a survey recently about a classic server but as usual gave zero feedback afterwards...who knows what they plan on doing. But for now they are just releasing items that are stupidly overpowered but only available for a short period of time, so basically there is simply no point trying to get back into it, unless you have the equivalent of a few mithril kicking about...yes the economy has got that out of control, or sorry, they have designed the game to make it broken.

The devs (Broadsword) are pretty new to the game I think, they basically release retarded patches, break something then spend another few patches trying to fix it, then release another dumb patch and the whole cycle continues.

I have resubbed a few accounts just to mess in PvE, sadly I don't have the time to grind to 50 on Uthgard so wanted to visit a few of the old areas for old times sake, before the plug is pulled (which will be within the year at the rate its going)

It's in a desperately sad state atm. I had a quest to take a keep so joined up with the "zerg" I say zerg its basically 1fg with 4-5 mini groups on stick. charging about taking unclaimed keeps and running over small man groups. Had a go at solo and met nobody but 4-5 man RR10-12 stealth groups camping drops offs and whatnot. That's PvP in a nutshell, pathetic player base.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm not really sure it needs more content? it needs current problems fixing, not new content added potentially bringing new problems. It's nice that they want to drag new things out but it seems a little pointless until the issues plaguing the game are fixed first.

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
I think it's a good idea they are bringing some of the old campaigns back if I'm reading the article right. The game was going in a wrong direction with the Otherworldly Campaign and I never liked it from the start. They need to look at the old content that was brilliant back in the day and move that forward rather than the new content that was a dismal.

They need to scrap the supplies quest in the New Frontiers and bring back more raiding rather than getting ganked by high rr solo's. It was a stupid idea for Broadsword to continue with the approach of getting new/returning players going out trying to get the gear they need and getting killed every time they pick up wood/boxes by the mazes and ruined keeps. How on earth is that going to bring back players if they can't get the items they need that are vital for them to progress.

I think Broadsword need to look back at what was successful in the old times of DAoC and try to adapt it to the new. What they've been doing hasn't worked and is turning more players away than Mythic did. It's bad enough that they don't have Knights that cover all area's they just pick Knights that agree with them which is another bad approach. You need Knights that listen to players but also critically analysing what Broadsword are doing in the direction of the game because right now a lot what they are doing is ruining the game and it's showing big time that they are not listening to their player base. Recently they've been listening but I still think they are stubborn and want to go in their own direction.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, if they do want to go their own direction DAOC is pretty much doomed. They tried going their own direction which basically lead to where the game is now. They have very limited time to stabilise DAOC, they've basically got until Camelot Unchained launches because I genuinely think people that want zerg warfare will flock to that game and given its those very zergs that are keeping DAOC open I just don't see how it would survive if they did leave prior to them setting up some sort of F2P model.

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
Well the new campaign doesn't look good. It's structured exactly like the Otherworlds campaign and going to take 10 months to do because they are only releasing 1 chapter per a month. I was hoping they would just revamp and update the dragon zone but nope they continue their own thing and want to increase caps and bring in new items.

Again i won't be returning if they continue to do stuff like this and it will make more people leave.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Live servers wont exist in 10 months.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well the new campaign doesn't look good. It's structured exactly like the Otherworlds campaign and going to take 10 months to do because they are only releasing 1 chapter per a month. I was hoping they would just revamp and update the dragon zone but nope they continue their own thing and want to increase caps and bring in new items.

Again i won't be returning if they continue to do stuff like this and it will make more people leave.

Really? that's a little shortsighted of them. Another thing, they really need to stop adding more Champion Levels, literally, all they're doing is making it harder and harder for new and returning players to get out into RvR without being severely penalised due to having XXX less health than enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom