Big Hits

L

Lessurl

Not got any screenies but i have hit for more in one bolt due to large crit. But wtf at your initial hit. That's higher than my cap.

W

-Wedge-

Yea your cap is higher then mine too :rolleyes:

I think I cap at around 993 ... +12 in fire (should get +13 with a Fire-staff from DF)...

I'm guessing Mastery of Magic I, which sould give you the cap you said ;)

O

old.LandShark

mastery of what?
Piffle!
WF just has mad ninja skillz

edit: I'd post my best ever hit as minstrel, but it'd probably be around 400. Good solid hit + crit on zilly...
might make it all the way up to 5, maybe 600 if you let me include my DDs in melee damage ^^

O

old.Odysseus

NERF SCOUTS! My cap crit is 1011 (which I wont ever do on anything that is more than low blue con).

W

-Wedge-

Dont think Wildfire hit this on a yellow either ;)

But I think on a blue you hit your cap... Also a good int buff should help too...

I regurlarly hit other casters for 750 or so damage without crit (instant killing them with my leet level 50 bugged bolt when I get a crit and their not 'in combat' with someone not even close :p)... Max I hit on another level 50 caster is somewhere around 1000'ish damage (including crit)... Not having shields up is a bugger :D

D

Danya

My highest is still a hit for 530+498 many many moons ago on my level 29 mana eldritch. PBAE rocks. :D

T

Tranquil-

I tried a friends fire wiz and got a nice hit for 1048(or 1038, can't remember as it's a while ago)+1011crit :D
The blue con died.

O

old.Wildfire

The guy is a level 50 Eldritch ... I wouldn't post some grey-bolting rubbish :) biggest hits on yellow con I should have added. And I made that hit before I got MoM 1.

F

Feac_

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Just for a bit of fun... can anyone beat this hit for total damage? Screenshots only please :)

http://www.teamshs.com/wildfire/daoc/w00t.jpg

Golestandt can :p
Ouch.jpg

O

old.Odysseus

But I think on a blue you hit your cap... Also a good int buff should help too...

a) Aint got no buffbot :/
b) Last time I hit a blue (ranger) damage was 926.
c) But my theurg : critted some pikeman for 900 2 levels ago - base casttime 2.8 :clap:

O

old.Wildfire

Nice, I had screens of a couple like that with lower initial damage and a nice fat crit, but couldn't find them :( guess I cleaned them out. They may have been bigger than the one I posted, they may not.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
The guy is a level 50 Eldritch ... I wouldn't post some grey-bolting rubbish :) biggest hits on yellow con I should have added. And I made that hit before I got MoM 1.

This is why you need to cast your AF buffs in RvR:)

S

stupidshady

jeeses, I wanna do only HALE of the dam with my pole and I would be so VRY happy, but nnnnooooo...

A

Afroninja

I dont doubt it m8, just would have preferred a straight answer rather than "skillz :)" which tells me nothing.

S

stupidshady

wildfire, I am starting to rly hate you :p unless I am grpd with ya tough :)

O

old.Wildfire

If I had an answer I would give it :p I dont, so I will claim skillz :)

S

stupidshady

<== nerf me some more PLS, maybe I will do 0dam with my pole and have 640HP shish :(

A

Afroninja

So you have no freaky weird ability to hit 30damage above the cap?

W

-Wedge-

Yea weird Wildfire, I cant cap above 1000 damage (yet)... Probably buffs + RR + max fire... (I have 1 below max and only RR3)

And you probably hit the poor dude without AF buffs (and maybe even 'lowbie' armor) :p Since I dont think I've capped on a 50 yet... (oh, he could also have been fire-debuffed, but that would mean +xx damage instead of -133)

Max I did (so far) on mobs was with my 2nd best spec bolt, did something like 800 damage with a 700 crit...

Oohwell :clap:

Keep killing mids & hibs this way ;)

Btw, you cant get 1000 damage with a 1000 crit in RvR, you can only get that in PvE... Critical damage adds have a max of 50% in RvR... (or let me say this differently, should have a max of 50%, since I've heard someone say he crits as much as his regular (sucky) DD's but according to our Mythic friends its maxed at 50%)

P

Pin

Hmmm, I was under the impression that spell damages were capped at 3xBase damage.

Flame Spear (level 50 fire bolt) has a base of 331, which would give a cap of 993, which ties in with what Magmatic reported.

The only way I can think of to get that damage is from Mastery of Magery. (993 + 3% + Mythic rounding errors = 1024)

You say this was from before you got MoM? Are you sure on the dates?

W

-Wedge-

Doesnt your cap go higher if you have more skill levels? (e.g. +12)

Could easely test it... :p
(take off all items, nuke a mob, put them on again, nuke again)

But I think I'm pretty much capped at (I think) 993 ... Not 100% sure though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom