Big Grats to my m8 Egar! RR10 Warden :D

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Tirfo said:
And youre just a retired forum twoll with nothing constructive to say.
Constructive or not.... he's right, and you didnt say otherwise either. :m00:

lorelei

Fledgling Freddie
Grats, cant forget getting 32 dm's with you me redb and dorga. well done!

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Xeanor said:

he is not right , egar is playing since 2.5 years, not since toa mode, he always played the best mode, so stfu.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
gefeliciteerd Egar, some don't deserve rr10 (or 11), but you certainly have :)

Tirfo

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:

1) It was totaly off topic just like your post, not even a grats, so therefore not in the slightest bit constructive (cept maybe to him to increase his e-peen)

2) Egar does more than just grapple and has been a decent warden for years, not just some realm hopping toon swapper like some, its a bit like criticising you for spamming mezz :p

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz still remember exping in Moher looooooooong time ago and you still hang in there with same char :)

And to peeps saying hes just a grapplebot, all chars are more or less bots if you see it that way...not the wardens fault Mythic fecked TOA up is it?

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Hes just a grapplebot.

In some cases grappling is needed. For example against PE it _was_ a very good tool to make winning more probable. But there are so many other cases where other warden utitlity is needed you just never saw it cause you could easily be taken out with grapple and leaving the /assisters cluelesss.

Xeanor said:
Constructive or not.... he's right, and you didnt say otherwise either.

What would you know? But dont worry soon a new FOTM char will come and you will roll one cause otherwise you cant compete.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
First of all.

Grats Egar on rr10.

I know you played both pre and post toa. And it was VERY annoying have you /stick to me and only grapple every 10second so i couldnt move at all.

For me that is a grapplebot, however i do realise its not your fault that mythic made grapple and besides, its the best you can do for the group to disable me in those situations so i dont blame you. (You and others with the same tactic made me quit game though)

I must say its an achievement to reach high realm rank as a warden as it seems to me that it is the most boring char in the game.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:
In some cases grappling is needed. For example against PE it _was_ a very good tool to make winning more probable. But there are so many other cases where other warden utitlity is needed you just never saw it cause you could easily be taken out with grapple and leaving the /assisters cluelesss.
Agreed, Dreami has always been clueless.

Warden got some fun stuffs in toa with the power/end drain styles. And yes, i did feel that too. I didnt only play the char faderullan you know.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Tirfo said:
And youre just a retired forum twoll with nothing constructive to say.
Just because im retired doesnt mean i dont know anything about daoc.

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
For me that is a grapplebot, however i do realise its not your fault that mythic made grapple and besides, its the best you can do for the group to disable me in those situations so i dont blame you. (You and others with the same tactic made me quit game though)

I must say its an achievement to reach high realm rank as a warden as it seems to me that it is the most boring char in the game.

As we agree for you (and dreami afterwards cause he isnt clueless altho giving stuff to guards made me ponder ;p ) it is best. Did you ever play a support char Fadeh? It requires a different mind set then it does to play a damage dealer. As you see in my sig i only play support. I dont care about DM's what i want is to have good fights with the group i am in. I have fun playing a warden but not many people do. Hence the lack of wardens (and druids/bards) on alot of hib servers.

The times i played with Egar shows what a good warden can do. Esspecially in NF a warden can win a battle with the utility wardens have.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
First of all.

Grats Egar on rr10.

I know you played both pre and post toa. And it was VERY annoying have you /stick to me and only grapple every 10second so i couldnt move at all.

hahah, gratz Egar m8 well played

ofc a decent tank pre NF had high Det so he should have been outta the grapple timer long before the warden, so blaming a warden for u quitting is sad.... and yes i grapple and if u still there where i come outta the timer i will grapple u again... ya know what they call that in china? tough shit

gratz again egar

ohh and btw ask Thornar how they got around the problem, just their support had to adapt different tactics to overcome grapple spamming

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
ofc a decent tank pre toa had high Det so he should have been outta the grapple timer long before the warden,

This doesnt make sense Jup :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
First of all.

Grats Fadeh on rr11.

I know you played both pre and post toa. And it was VERY annoying have you /stick to me and melee me every 2second so i couldnt cast at all.

For me that is a meleebot, however i do realise its not your fault that mythic made melee and besides, its the best you can do for the group to disable me in those situations so i dont blame you. (You and others with the same tactic made Mythic introduce grapple and bodyguard)

I must say its an achievement to reach high realm rank as a merc as it seems to me that it is the most boring char in the game.

j/k ofcourse but its all relative ofcourse. A sorc spamming AE mezz /whatever on me puts me out of the fight. A healer spamming amnesia puts out a wizard out of the fight. A warden grappling you puts you out of the fight. The 'whines' are because pre-TOA there where no viable methods to stop (light-)tanks due to 85% reduction on CC and u cannot interrupt melee. Dualwielders with high WS mostly got a hit or what through guard so I was still interrupted.

iirc. you cannot be grappled when you nowadays use Charge (New Frontiers RA) so if you truely hate being grappled buy charge and be ungrappable for most fights at start. Ofcourse after that you can still be grappled but I can be interrupted once MOC is used :)

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
ofc a decent tank pre NF had high Det so he should have been outta the grapple timer long before the warden
Hmm what? You replying without knowing how grapple works or?

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:
As we agree for you (and dreami afterwards cause he isnt clueless altho giving stuff to guards made me ponder ;p ) it is best. Did you ever play a support char Fadeh? It requires a different mind set then it does to play a damage dealer.
Yes have played a support char. Maybe not as much as damage dealer but i have a couple of mil rp as support too.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
The 'whines' are because pre-TOA there where no viable methods to stop (light-)tanks due to 85% reduction on CC and u cannot interrupt melee. Dualwielders with high WS mostly got a hit or what through guard so I was still interrupted.
Guard+Engage usually did the trick. Many support tanks used that vs me. Oh and "teh strafe"...

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Hmm what? You replying without knowing how grapple works or?

lets see, if i grapple u i'm stunned for 10s and ur rooted for 10s, now root is a form of cc, therefore pre NF if u had high enough Det u would b only rooted for 7-8s, now pre NF wardens didnt have Det so they would still b stunned for the entire 10s so u had a 2-3s head start on a warden...

now other groups got smart and FZ'd/rooted/mezzed the grapplers, used other ml abilities to become grapple immune etc etc... but thats not for this thread... as i said blaming grapple for u quitting silleh

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Im not blaming anyone for quit. I just didnt find the game fun enough to waste anymore time on.(Im at work now and need to kill hours :p)

But so what if i got 1-2 sec head start on the grappler. Just seriously think i can kill someone in 1 second? Oh and most grapplers did have det too you know.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Tirfo said:
1) It was totaly off topic just like your post, not even a grats, so therefore not in the slightest bit constructive (cept maybe to him to increase his e-peen)

2) Egar does more than just grapple and has been a decent warden for years, not just some realm hopping toon swapper like some, its a bit like criticising you for spamming mezz :p

Xeanor never even got to spam mezz so :O) he was always 5 sec l8 for that ;d

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Remem said:
Xeanor never even got to spam mezz so :O) he was always 5 sec l8 for that ;d
Sacrifice the sorc to kill all enemy support was a valid tactic :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Fadeh said:
Guard+Engage usually did the trick. Many support tanks used that vs me. Oh and "teh strafe"...

Now that would work if engage worked against dualwielders AND you where the only tank.. Too bad you where not :)

Anyhow my comments about tanks shaking off any ways to stop em in 5~ secs still stands; now with grapple they cannot anymore; and the complaints start.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
We played with 2 offensive tanks and lets face it. A solo merc cant kill shit. So it did work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom