Big G

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
search long enough and you'll find Trem's Finest Wizard Sleeves as well o0

rynnor

Rockhound
£15 for a 500g pie?

Plus are these proper pies with a base or just a stew wearing a pastry toupe?

Oh and this one sounds disgusting!

Sunday Dinner Pie
Roast chicken and thick gravy, above pork sausage meat and cranberry sauce, and trapped under a layer of home-made stuffing and a layer of pickled onion all sealed in home-made shortcrust pastry double glazed with free range eggs.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So we should be expecting real quality on those sister pics ?

Gorvid

Fledgling Freddie
£15 for a 500g pie?

Plus are these proper pies with a base or just a stew wearing a pastry toupe?

Oh and this one sounds disgusting!

Sunday Dinner Pie
Roast chicken and thick gravy, above pork sausage meat and cranberry sauce, and trapped under a layer of home-made stuffing and a layer of pickled onion all sealed in home-made shortcrust pastry double glazed with free range eggs.

Hey!

That's my forum and my pies!

They are proper pies - proper in the sense that the pastry is absolutely all the way around the pie, they can be tipped out of their tins and used as ballast to hold hot air balloons down too.

No toupes on my pies, 100% shortcrust beauties.

See me making over 10 kilos of them here: Chew-The-Fat.com • View topic - The KING of Pies ~ An epic tale of massive proportions...

And you have to try them before you can call foul on my use of pickled onions - they go BRILLIANTLY with the Sunday Dinner pie when served cold... trust me..... they really do.

Maybe I should send one over as an inter-forum gesture...? :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Excellent!

You see, what's amusing is that during my gym addiction phase I was a healthy trim young man, but I sorta stopped going so much so my body naturally started to put some fat as I continued to eat the same. I've got a little bit of a tummy, so my mates call me a 'pie' now and again, so this is a very apt thread.

Also liking the inter-forum banter :), I think your pies sound awesome.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We could send you our Mr Tremlington by way of an exchange.

What do you say freddies? Trem for a pie... I think it's a good deal!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Hey!

They are proper pies - proper in the sense that the pastry is absolutely all the way around the pie, they can be tipped out of their tins and used as ballast to hold hot air balloons down too.

See me making over 10 kilos of them here: Chew-The-Fat.com • View topic - The KING of Pies ~ An epic tale of massive proportions...

And you have to try them before you can call foul on my use of pickled onions - they go BRILLIANTLY with the Sunday Dinner pie when served cold... trust me..... they really do.

Provide a freddys 25% discount and I'll buy one. I want a pie pie.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Send him Trem, and Dori.

In return we want pies for life.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Has no one questioned why Tom was Googling 'Big G' :lol:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hey!

Woah!! Welcome Gorvid, and wow, those pies do look awesome!!

Folks need to read the thread before judging the price - I was a bit put off at first but that is top quality ingredients going in - a credit to any pie-making-officianado :worthy:

Of course, as the resident forum Gastro-Gnome it should be me that would be most appropriate to 'test' such a pie ;)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh - what mix are you using for your pastry? Am I right in thinking you used butter rather than lard in it?

Gorvid

Fledgling Freddie
No word of a lie, I am sat eating a slice of Sunday Dinner Pie right now...:eek:

I had an order for one and made two to "be safe" - so I am sat eating some of the second best one.

I might post a pic...if I can find a camera.... but it is LOVELY and like all my pies, fill to the brim because I am a greedy, greedy man.

Pastry is actually made with margarine - then glazed twice during cooking with free range eggs.

I know they aren't cheap - but they are custom built with top end ingredients and when you order massive ones they arrive in a crate :D

Anyway... I just swung by to defend my pickled onion honour.

Looks like a close knit little pace you have here, not dissimilar to our little world at http://www.chew-the-fat.com/forum/index.php I suppose.

You're all welcome anytime.

Last one in buys the pies.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I had a bit of a read, and yes, it looks like a fun place... please do stick around, Gorvid, as you seem to be a decent kinda chap and if any of your crew want info on gaming point them here.

I might just pop on over your way and post some recipe suggestions ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What. Wait. Another forum, and we aren't invading and spamming them? What happened to us?

Gorvid

Fledgling Freddie
What. Wait. Another forum, and we aren't invading and spamming them? What happened to us?

Oh no.... don't, really.... my lot are bad news when on full flight.

And I can't be expected to control them. Best thing is to sneak in quietly, look at our funny threads (I can recommend our extensive efforts to recreate works of art involving a penis) or some of our fun videos or comps other silly things.

Keep your heads down and try not to look any one in the eye.

Seriously.....:lol:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's all right, I figured out it isn't 1999 anymore, we are all too old to make the effort now.

Especially Wij and Tdc, they were once legends of spam, look at them now, barely even able to ziiip, let alone unf or splurdge.

Gorvid

Fledgling Freddie
That's sad.

We're all getting old... maybe we should go on a road trip or something, on Harley's?

We've still got it!

Nate

FH is my second home
My butchers is planning on getting started on pies! This is useful info, but stealing my prospective clients?! How dare you! I demand this gorvid to give me pies foc until my pie creating days commence.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Gorvid you seem like a top bloke and the idea of custom made, good quality pies is a niche market indeed!

Do you make any profit on your pies because some of the ingredients you use must cost a fair bit of money (I saw how much steak you put into that bigass pie - that must have set you back a fortune)?

Nate

FH is my second home
If he's using Chuck it's not a lot of money. Most pie makers use that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hey!

lo Gorvid, parrot here :) Sorry I couldn't resist, I knew G would like the pie thing :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Has no one questioned why Tom was Googling 'Big G' :lol:

I wasn't, I'm a member there. The sight of Big G in the corner did give me a stiffy though.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's all right, I figured out it isn't 1999 anymore, we are all too old to make the effort now.

Especially Wij and Tdc, they were once legends of spam, look at them now, barely even able to ziiip, let alone unf or splurdge.

*ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip*

*flop*

:(

Gorvid

Fledgling Freddie
If he's using Chuck it's not a lot of money. Most pie makers use that.

Chuck!?!?! BEJEEESUS!

It was an entire locally sourced topside joint, erotically diced and beaten lovingly until it was as tender as a tender thing that had recently put in a tender. Tenderly.

Then it was poached gently in a gorgeous little vat of Exmoor Gold Ale, fresh from the bottle..... until the steak was beginning to fall apart in the juices... honestly, spooning it out the stuff was just melting in that rich, perfect gravy. Mmm, gravy.

>imagines<

Ooops, pie-day-dream.

I do make a bit of profit, yes - but I put it into running the site... it's just a little sideline because I like doing stuff like that and a few people wanted to try them. You know how things taste better when they are made with love.

I only use top quality ingredients and cram the pies full to the brim.

Quality first.

Pity I can't say the same about the massive amount of penis related humour and frankly odd things on my website... :D

Tom.... POD...is that YOU?!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That's me. This is the first interweb forum I ever joined, probably about 12 years ago (when it was Barrysworld). Fucking hell, 12 years.

Its like a little club, where nobody has any secrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom