Big G - I blame you !

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The merger was an awful awful awful awful thing.
Banks need to be smaller not bigger >.>

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Merger ? :)

You mean Lloyds buying our enormous Retail book for a pittance and getting the rotting husk of a bank tacked on it like an unwelcome old tagnut :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Too bloody right. We didn't break the bank. It's part of our pay. Where we met the targets we should get paid.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think the word is **** tbh :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh yeh - we b0rked Lloyds too :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seriously. Can we un-"*" the word **** yet, or what? :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well you could just use the older version, cunny.

BTW, did you know that some streets in this country used to be called Gropecu*t St until the Victorians had them all changed :) You can guess the trade on those streets :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What I'm loving about all this is the finger pointing and the blaming.

One minute, it's the bank bosses, then it's Cunny Brown, then it's the staff who "deserve to lose their jobs" (a horrific and shot-sighted comment made in The Scotsman - a fuckwit newspaper for Scottish fuckwits), then it's the FSA, then it was the BoE, now it's Blank and Daniels for letting it go ahead and even migrant workers. However, we shouldn't blame them, we should blame the bankers. Round and round we go.

(btw i'm not saying the bosses were not at fault).

Chilly

Balls of steel
It was a systematic problem, probably with no individual particularly to blame over another. In these cases you sack the bosses of the system: Government, BoE, every state-aided bank, FSA, Treasury.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its mostly the bankers fault and therefore the bank bosses fault, if they hadn't bought so much risk in the shape of mortgages with people who clearly couldn't afford to pay them back, then there wouldn't be a problem. Its not the man on the floor, the admin staff, the cashiers the individual bank mangers etc fault, they only did what the banks policy told them to do by selling mortgages and loans.
A fair amount of blame lies with the media too, they have blown it out of proportion to make a story, it wouldn't be half as bad if the likes of the BBC hadn't done their usual scaremongering.
Some blame can be put on government, not just ours but all governments for not having the legislation in place to make it impossible to gather so much toxic debt. It is also the public's fault for living beyond our means for to long, we consume without really thinking about whether we can afford it, when I was young getting something on credit was a pretty big thing. Up until recently its nothing to get a store card when you are buying a few items of clothing from Burton etc. "do you want to put that on a store card sir?"

The least competitive companies will go bust, PC world and Dixons group will be next I imagine, there is absolutely no reason to buy anything from PC world or Currys when you can get the same PC/TV online for £100-£150 cheaper. Its survival of the fittest now, those companies still living in the 90s will go bust, its a shame for the staff who will lose their jobs but its hardly surprising really. Keep up or get left behind and die. Capitalism at its finest.

Anyway, Uncle Gordon should have had a provision for such an event, everyone knew it would happen at some time or another, you can't have boom without bust. I would like to know why he didn't have a plan for when it goes tits up, Labour are handling the situation really badly and to be honest if I was the opposition I would not want to try and sort out the mess, it will probably have an effect for the next 15-20 years.

taB

Part of the furniture
It was a systematic problem, probably with no individual particularly to blame over another. In these cases you sack the bosses of the system: Government, BoE, every state-aided bank, FSA, Treasury.

Don't forget their million pound pension tho, it's very important.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Eric Daniels & "Sir" Blank have alot to answer for, I await their resigination with anticipation.

My share file is wank now :(

rynnor

Rockhound
If you had to pick a culprit Brown from his years of arrogance and mis-rule at number 11 would be my favourite 'no more boom n bust' yeah right now were just bust :p

I think the government should de merge lloyds/tsb/bank of scotland and the halifax and give em enough support to get back on their feet - healthier for the industry in the long run to have more smaller banks than plodding megabanks.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i left halifax to go to lloyds..................

Kryten

Old Cow.
Makes me glad to be banking with the Co-Op really :/

Mey

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't worry who you banked with to be honest, customers aren't going to be affected by any of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom