Big G - I blame you !

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And now you have 3 banks fighting. Good luck with that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why did you go there meg. You cruel bastard. I swear if that idea ever gets back to halifax, I will hunt you down and shave your shoulders.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Lloyds.jpg

:D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Bad times :(

What is getting to me about the whole thing is the vast mountains of absolute bullshit that has been coming out the papers and the media.

One bad word in one Analyst's ear and a whole company can be sent down the tubes in a matter of days.

I have absolutely no idea where/when this financial melt down going to end.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
We're going to end up with a handful of mega-corps after this all finishes, governments can't keep bailing all the collapsing companies out and now competition rules are being overlooked.

Anyway! So what? Is HBOS going to be absorbed into Lloyds TSB? Will the Lloyds TSB, Halifax and Halifax estate agents on the high street be streamlined into one company? Lloydifax TSB and Estates?

Also doesn't this make them one of the biggest banks in the world now?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
"...and I, for one, welcome our new Lloyds TSB overlords."

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Also doesn't this make them one of the biggest banks in the world now?

I dont think it even makes it top 10. Barclays is the biggest British bank, I think its ranked 9th or 7th in the world, one or the other.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
it's 20th according to gaffers link, and barclays is 4th, with rbos 1st.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Which just shows that banks are good at fiddling with the figures as both my link and G's seem to agree with each other (both saying RBS is largest in terms of assets). Makes you wonder how HSBC can be first and 20th depending on which measure you choose...

Chilly

Balls of steel
citi was the worlds biggest, I heard?

Frankly any measure you take right now will be largely meaningless due to the vast amount of worthless assets held, potentially outside of us or eu jurisdictions, which do not appear on public reports.

Going on market cap alone the banks have lost masses of value.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Our shares seemed to take a dive when we annouced our board had approved the deal. Pattern perhaps ?

old.user4556

Outperformed the FTSE, will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow when the markets open.

Edit: outperformed *today* I should add :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
10 billion losses.

Fuxake !!

7 billion from Corporate. I remember a couple of years ago when we were given the direction that projects for Corporate would be given priority cos they were the ones making all the money :)

Smug bastards.

old.user4556

No corporation tax to pay on a loss. Great scam :).

I can't quantify the scale of "fuck-uppery", although lets just say I simply don't take any management seriously when the people running the banks, the regulators, the treasury, the BoE and the country get it so biblically and humiliatingly wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom