News Big Diablo Announcement @ BlizzCon

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If there is a D2 remaster, we are jumping into a teamspeak and giving it a go!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

I have Activision on my shit list because of Robert Kotick (CEO) and his antics with Infinity Ward (Bobby Kotick of Activision, Drawing Praise and Wrath). Last game I played was MW2.
I have EA on my shit list for releasing a broken BF4 that needed a year to be fixed. Last game I played was BF4.
I have Blizzard on my shit list due to many reasons, main one is that they became a combination of EA and Activision (I understand that Activision Blizzard is one company): they just do sequels or copy genres with watered down games. The tipping point was the Diablo Immortal announcement. Last game to play for me is Hearthstone where I want to reach 500 wins on Warlock and Shaman (done with all other Heroes).

So some people are not going to buy any new Blizzard game over this for sure.

But, my first job in mid 90'ies: video games salesclerk. EA was evil back then. They're still in business, so I guess that the big picture will not change as most consumers just do not care or do not know or they're happy regardless.

I always cared about my customers. I'd refuse to sell BF4 to my customers in mid 90'ies without telling them explicitly that the game is bugged beyond recognition.

But nowadays we have content creators, "influencers", streamers and SJWs to promote shitty AAA titles. It's beyond me.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
David Breivik commented on the whole situation, quite worrying what he had to say.

Keep in mind Breivik no longer works for Blizzard but is arguably one of the biggest names Blizzard has ever had.

Go to the 3 Hour, 31 Minute mark. Just so, so sad. Brevik starts dropping serious truth bombs like CRAZY about Blizzard and what's currently going on over there.

Some of the highlights:

• Blizz just now has cut employee profit sharing, thus cutting about half of an employee's total income.

• Morhaime likely forced out.

• Activision slowly winning in taking over Blizzard.

• Predicts Blizzard will be nothing like the Blizzard of yesterday within three years.

• Incentive for new, great game designers to go to Blizzard is gone.

• Blizzard employees are now paid less than industry averages.

• Blizzard is exiling old Blizz executives.

View: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/318966047

If it's true that Activision forced Morhaime out, put in the guy who drove World of Warcraft into the ground, and then cut Blizz employee salaries, this is game over time. No wonder we're just reskinning old games and Chinese rip offs of your classics.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/9x5r5l/david_brevik_says_morhaime_likely_forced_out/

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Doesn't have to be Activisions doing. Can just as well be Blizzards own board...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Given how Blizzard is being aggressively fucked by Activision lately I doubt I'd bother with anything Activision has any sort of influence on, even if it was Diablo 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom