Help Bicycle Purchasing Advise

Starman

Part of the furniture
Hey chaps, hopefully there are a few people who might be able to help.

I wish to purchase a bike, now I've not ridden a bike in a number of years but it was one of the few actual activities have give exercise I enjoyed.

Now I'll be honest and say I don't wish to spend too much say <£300, and as I'm 6ft tall i assume I need a 19" frame.

The bike itself will be used for on road, local park and some local rough ground so nothing too exciting for now.

Spoked to a few people and had few suggestions and advise but thought I'd expand and seek others :)

BeOne Aspire 2.0 Hardtail Bike 2008
Felt Q200 2009

Thanks in advance for your help!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I bought a mongoose rockadile with a hardtail etc and front suspension, disc breaks and some kind of fancy gear changing system, cost about 250 and has been good on all terrain. Weighs fuck all too, think its made of alloy or aluminium or something begininbg with al.

Nate

FH is my second home
If you are near Colchester Cycle Revolution it's near Stanway(PC World) are very good imo. I got a Specialized Hard Rock Pro 07 from them and it hasn't let me down yet. Got some advice on it here aswell. I use my bike for pretty much all what you said and it works well, has a dial you can turn to make the suspension hard or soft for when your on or off road. The guys there know their stuff aswell so if you're not sure they can suggest one to suit your needs, etc.

Heres that thread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/off...me-trial-cycling-offroad-mountain-biking.html

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
whatever bike you get, please make sure it's the right size. test it on a ride, and if it's not right don't take it. also, imo when in doubt jump down a size rather than up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom