Bi-weekly PUG group?

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Chatting last night with people, it was suggested that we should try a random PUG group a couple of time a week like Crom from NFD is trying to do over on Hib.

I shamelessly steel from NFD for this idea, especially Sharky, who I used to run with a lot when I played Hib, and it worked really well then.

Hopefully there are enough Mids knocking about to give it a shout.

The idea is that say twice a week, say Tuesday and Thursday for example, we run a PUG group from people that have signed up on FH. Whilst it will be no way elite there will be an expectation that the class you play is templated as much as possible and decent realm rank, i.e. untemplated rogged RR1.2 characters would just jeopardise what we are trying to achieve, which is a competitive, while not elite, regular group.

The idea is to also try and run a decent set up group, i.e. with healers, shammy, casters and tanks … the “balance” can of course flexible (and bring interest) but the basic requirements must remain really to ensure we are not cannon fodder (Alb zerg fodder :p).

So, would there be interest?

You must be able and willing to use voicecomms, strong accents are not a problem and only add to the fun.

From the response to the post I will judge whether we try and get it going next week. I am aware that holidays are upon us also, so I/we will need a “colleague” or two who will run in people’s absence.

Let me know what you think, is it worth the effort?

As I say, I will post a date and time FH, and make a group from the posts in response/needed class order. So if we need a healer, and he is the 22nd to post, please don’t be offended if he gets a spot, for the sake of the group as a whole.

My lad and I have a number of classes we can contribute now, so we can play whatever is needed (healer and shaman no doubt! :rolleyes:).

Let me know please, in a nice constructive way.

Regards

Ashgen (snr).

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Wish you the best of luck. Will be great to see another fg out. Think Mon is the most lively fg day.

MaLk

Fledgling Freddie
Great Initiative!

I will be up for this when I am able to play. I am on Smalk-p (dark SM)...

By the way is this the same ashgen I used to play with on alb? Bulle Reloaded and HB? :D

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
It is mate ...

Great Initiative!

I will be up for this when I am able to play. I am on Smalk-p (dark SM)...

By the way is this the same ashgen I used to play with on alb? Bulle Reloaded and HB? :D

That's me!

Nice to see you mate, hope you can join us on this venture! :)

mikey

Fledgling Freddie
I can come along both tues and thurs with my aug healer, he's pretty low rr, but nice overcapped tmeplate all finished now :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Suppose i wouldnt mind a regular grp on me savage , hes halfway templated atm and rr2 l1 :p but shuld be better by the time its up and runnin xD

tis either that or a RR3 bone army bd lol

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
I wouldn't mind joining a new grp actually.

Don't play too much atm but if i'm on I'm up for something once a week or so, if nothing else just to try some new stuff.

on RM darkcarver fully templated and deacent RR.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Bump

Just a bump in case people missed it :england:

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
i have an auger and a dark sm, might be able to play a few nights

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
So far ...

Thanks to those that have signed up. From PM’s I have received I think we will run this after August when all the holidays are over.

So far we have:

Skald - Ashgen (me/my lad if needed)
Pac Healer - Anaestheticus (me/my lad if needed)
Aug Healer - Mikey
SM (dark) - Smalk
SM (dark) - Magrevs
Runemaster - Bistrup
Shaman - Sumia (me/my lad if needed)
Savage - Knighthood
Savage - Gjoras (me/my lad if needed)

I think we need some banelord and BG tanks to sign up also please.

Also, to answer some questions:

1) The idea of the group is to run from say 8:00 to 10:30, with no logging if we get wiped/zerged/added etc.

2) We will need to discuss ad agree the “adding” policy. For me, I know for example that NFD do not add knowingly, so if we see them we don’t add, but if we get added on, we add on to who ever added on to us. Hard to police I know, but we can try. :)

3) We don’t kill soloers unless they start to add on fights (archer classes generally).

4) We can take towers to wake people up, but the idea of the group is to roam really.

5) I don’t have a TS or Vent server, so any offers would be welcome.

That’s it for now.

Thanks

Ash

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
gl with it, wish someone would do this in alb and none seem to be out running as a grp atm.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Suggestion

Just a quick suggestion :)

Skald - Ashgen
Pac Healer - Janga
Aug Healer - Megarevs ( BOF ? )
SM (dark) - Smalk-p
SM (dark) - ?????????
Runemaster - Bistrup
Shaman - Sumia
Banelord - Bonearmy? ( Interupts Mast0r Pet Rooter? BAOD )
BG/Slambot - ???????

But still post what ever you can play because I/We can play around with the group set up :)

Regards

Gwadien ;-):flame:

Udgaardsloke

Fledgling Freddie
Im up for it, fully templated rr5l5 warrior, when patch hits EU servers next week im ml10 too.

Ralfgorm

Fledgling Freddie
iminterested as well dependin on wot day we go out :)

prefere dark sm spot, have skald as well

Ralf

Chance

Loyal Freddie
is the skald out of grp for croc speed ? or am i just blindish when i count 9 spots in grp ?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Oh yes..... Lets take the Dark Spiritmaster spot out so...
Skald - Ashgen
Pac Healer - Janga
Aug Healer - Megarevs ( BOF ? )
SM (dark) - Smalk-p
Runemaster - Bistrup
Shaman - Sumia
Banelord - Bonearmy? ( Interupts Mast0r Pet Rooter? BAOD )
BG/Slambot - Udgaardsloke

Chr Thornhoj

Fledgling Freddie
well someone had to sign in too late, and being the nice guy i am, ive taken that role so other have time to take the spots:twak:

anyhow, id like to (depending om the days) like to sign up with (in prefered order): BG warrior, skald and aug healer. just in case some ppl drop out, or if you need a replacement for a run or two.

Have fun with it and gl

Chr

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Last week in August ...

OK guys, thanks for signing up.

We will try and role this out last week in August.

In the mean time could you add me, and send me an invite, for MSN messenger to ashgen@hotmail.com, so I can hold of you.

Please say who you are why you want me to add you on the invite as I tend to reject unsolicited invites on MSN.

Any questions, suggestion, please ask. This will be democratic, where all people will have a say, no matter how silly it may be! :p

Does anyone have access to a vent/teamspeak server? If not, I will ask around, I am sure someone will allow us to use theirs if required.

We need a pool of players, so any late comers are welcome, not everyone will want to play twice a week, or even be able to.

Sharkys group used to have a pool of 12 or 13 of us, and it worked very well.

Regards

Ash

mikey

Fledgling Freddie
I can do tonight, but unfortunately I'll not be able to be consistent...

I've had 6 lush weeks of day shifts at work, but from now on it will be dependant upon meeting targets whether I get day or evening shifts.

Evening shifts I get home @ 9.30 pm, so will be a little late for the purposes of this.. but any time I'm available, I'll come along

But can merrily attend any weekend we might wish to run

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Bumpage

OK, holidays are over, so are people still up for this?

Please send me an email on Ashgen@hotmail.com, tell me who you are please as I block un-solicitered emails/invitations generally, I just want to get a contact list going.

We are in the process of getting an ACS web site up and running, I will get a forum on there set up so we can all communicate too.

Let me know if this is worth while please, or I am flogging a long dead horse.

Thanks

Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom