BG warden

S

Sleet

I got my warden to lvl 24, a SC suit of armour, crafted him a MP weap and shield which was also SC.

Went to BGs and found it was very very very dull ( did not too bad but all the same was dissapointed)

Bottom line is, i was a bad tank, i was a bad healer, resist buffs didnt seem to make much of a difference.

So what im curious about is....

1/ if wardens got pbt at lvl 24 would it be more fun?
2/ If i do carry on lvling will it be good fun ?
3/ Does RvR big boy style become more rewarding with 6 sec pbt, and better resists?
4/ Am i just disapointed because i expect a hard ass tank with some magic extras?

S

Sleet

Ohh yeah, another point.

My bard lasra had great fun in BGs hence why i lvld her to lvl 34 for caledonia (never know, she may make 50 one day :D)

Reckon i should now ignore the warden? if it aint fun at 1st it wont be fun at all?

only thought of mine is how much better resists and PBT would make to the experience.

E

Ensceptifica

Warden is a support class, so treat it like one. Solo PvE takes ages and in RvR people will often outdamage or outrun you. In a group, you're a backup tank, a backup healer, a good buffer and an excellent ward with your pbt. I know of no warden who doesn't have at least 8 sec. pbt. I've never played my warden in BG, but in RvR it's been good fun and still is. Mind you: I'm lucky if I kill anyone at all, but I know that's not what a warden is for.

S

Sleet

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Warden is a support class, so treat it like one. Solo PvE takes ages and in RvR people will often outdamage or outrun you. In a group, you're a backup tank, a backup healer, a good buffer and an excellent ward with your pbt. I know of no warden who doesn't have at least 8 sec. pbt. I've never played my warden in BG, but in RvR it's been good fun and still is. Mind you: I'm lucky if I kill anyone at all, but I know that's not what a warden is for.

good points

F

Faeldawn

spam group bladeturn sleet, gives u an effective 3 sec pbt, unless u get whacked :)

wardens can tank pve gr8, but not pvp, considering the dmg yer spearo does m8, you will be dissappointed at warden melee @ high lvl.

pbt is handy for group rvr, and ward resists do make a difference considering the hard-cap from imbuned crafted armour.

as for whether to stop playin the warden, i would suggest playin to 26, get pbt then see if u like it, if not then play yer bard m8.

B

boni_ofdavoid

I scrapped my warden around the same level, only char I have ever scrapped. If your not enjoying your role now, I doubt it will get better just cause you know its you providing the pbt or group resits...

O

old.Ailelun

1) Maybe, but theres to many infils/sb's in the BG, so it wont make much difference.
2) You will never be a 'hard ass' tank as a warden, you will mainly be a healer in rvr, if thats what you like got for it.
3)Its nicer, but still, you will mainly be a healer.
4)Yes, Wardens are not good tanks and will die quickly, sure you can beat slow weapon users in duels, but how often will that matter?

M

mastade

Let me give you an advice:

Dont! lvl your char anymore, infact, delete it... its the most dull char to play in both pve and rvr. All you can do in rvr is to run around in circles with pbt on, if you are lucky you might get a few heals of from the mids/albs who got endless end. If you start banging the albs/mids, you will start to cry when you see the dam output t.t.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by mastade
Let me give you an advice:

Dont! lvl your char anymore, infact, delete it... its the most dull char to play in both pve and rvr. All you can do in rvr is to run around in circles with pbt on, if you are lucky you might get a few heals of from the mids/albs who got endless end. If you start banging the albs/mids, you will start to cry when you see the dam output t.t.

Some peeps actually enjoy playing wardens, good job too otherwise hibs would get pwned badly in rvr ;)

S

spankya

I played a warden in rvr a few times and one time went solo... in group it was lots of healing only and when I was solo I spent about 5mins fighing a paladin and then his mates came along and ganked me :( Damage output is pretty crap on warden overall so best to think of it as a healer class.... if u dont want a healer, dont make a warden :) If u want to make another tank, make a champ, they kick ass :)

X

Xray

I h8 my warden. Bored shitless when i play him. Groups only want u for PBT. Crap tank. Crap healer. Makes me feel like a mobile buff bot.

I started mine coz i couldn't exp my druid in groups due to a lack of wardens. So he hit 50 first. But now my druid is 50 too. And he's a lot more fun. Wow that spread heal is uber, 662hp to two group members and 440 to another, costs less than my 750hp heal.

I like playing support classes, my 2nd bard (deleted first one at 39 to make room for eld) is lvl 33 now. But warden is not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread