BG 1 Minstrel Question

D

Danamyr

Right, can someone explain to me why in BG tonight when my group got attacked by 5 stealthers (2 Norse & 3 Luri) and I cast my AOE mezz that not ONE of them was mezzed? I mean FFS! I am Lvl 24, with huge Charisma rating and sweet items etc - what is going on? I died as you'll have no doubt guessed (I hate DoT).

Later on got attacked again...but this time I managed to stun and mez Healer and then whoopa his ass before getting slaughtered by 5 stealthers all waiting by MB...LOL ;)

Z

Zergy

Maybe your group was attacking the stealthers... that would break the mezz :)

D

Danamyr

Hmmm...but shouldn't the AOE mez work on all characters within the radius?

Therefore whether one of the mezzed enemy is being attacked or not should not affect the mezzed status of the other enemy characters.

Or perhaps I misunderstand...seems pretty pointless having an AOE mezz if it doesn't actually mez those within it's range!

G

Goryk

The radius on the minstrel mezz is very small, so that could be one reason. Also, you get no warning of when it's finished casting except by looking for mezz animation on enemies (kinda hard with effects self) or by looking for a resist notice on your system bar. It could just be that you interupted the casting by moving when you thought it was finished. Not hard to do when the animation finishes long before the spell casts..

Users who are viewing this thread