Politics BFA? *Really*?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Black Footballers Association... :(

"Sorry, we're not representing you, you're white"

Auntie said:
A leading human rights barrister has said talks over a separate black footballers' association have begun.
Peter Herbert, who chairs the Society of Black Lawyers, says the discussions are at a preliminary stage, but involve several players from various levels, including the Premier League.
Herbert says the new organisation would provide a more "radical" and "vigorous" approach to combating racism.

I think it's already providing a more radical and vigorous approach to promoting racism.

I presume they'll be perfectly happy when the White Footballers Association or Society of White Lawyers get set up?

I'm sick of this shit. We're either all in it together - the same, regardless of skin colour - or we're not.

The MOBO awards can get to fuck too.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I don't have a problem with the MOBO's as being black is not necessary to being nominated or winning.

But the Black FA is fucking segregation why not have a black Premier League? It is a stupid Idea and while I do think the Kick It Out campaign have been a bit to quiet on some issues this is not an answer.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Rio, one of the main players in this.

The same man that called Ashley Cole a "choc ice" because he wasn't acting black/supporting black in the Terry case.

The man is INCREDIBLY thick.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Seriously, he should just retire, nobody wants Rio, it's not because he's black, it's not because of John Terry, it's because he's crocked, past it and a fucking spastic gangster-wannabe attention-whore.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's this sort of shit that perpetuates racism. Why don't they just stfu about it already.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
A kick out rascism tsirt that you are obliged to wear is pathetic sprayed on a giant turd of pointless symbolism

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Since you know so much about the campaign Job, what do you propose KIO do considering they're working with an absolutely miniscule budget?

They've done very well in getting awareness out there for a measly couple of hundred thousand. That's all they have to work with.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Make people aware of rascism theres an idea they could just listen to the neanderthals in the terraces. Seriously the average football becomes something just above a baboon when at a football match they should just ignore it the thoughts of a football crowd are of no consequence to anything a fucking parrot on crack makes more sense

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
How can you ignore the "thoughts" of a football crowd when said football crowd are throwing bits of rock and concrete at you, as in the case of Danny Rose in Serbia?

Just closing your eyes to it doesn't make it go away.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
The ferdinands aren't even black, just a slightly darker shade of white.

John Terrys alleged statement wasn't racist though he was merely making an observation and using a moderately accurate adjective to do so

Everz

FH is my second home
Rio is pretty much fucking white anyways, something utterly shit like quarter-cast.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't see the problem, atleast we'll know where they are at all times.

rynnor

Rockhound
Is it very cynical thinking that this is Rio's retirement plan so that he can still get press attention when he retires (presumably very soon).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The most ironic aspect of all of this is that professional football (in the civilised world at least) is clearly one of the most colour-blind professions there is. The representation and power of black people is much higher than in most of the sports (one black guy in F1 for instance, only about three ever) or any other "profession" and has done more to make black people part of mainstream culture than pretty much anything else. Putting up with the odd Neanderthal (on the pitch or off) is, I would suggest, a small price to pay for Rio Ferdinand's Bentley and big fuck-off house.

The Serbia thing is a separate issue; you're talking about people only a decade or so away from ethnic cleansing moslems; they aren't just pariahs on the football field.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
There is nothing they can do to stop this. If they fined nations millions of pounds, kicked them out of the World Cup for a competition you would still get racist people being racist.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The most ironic aspect of all of this is that professional football (in the civilised world at least) is clearly one of the most colour-blind professions there is. The representation and power of black people is much higher than in most of the sports (one black guy in F1 for instance, only about three ever) or any other "profession" and has done more to make black people part of mainstream culture than pretty much anything else. Putting up with the odd Neanderthal (on the pitch or off) is, I would suggest, a small price to pay for Rio Ferdinand's Bentley and big fuck-off house.

The Serbia thing is a separate issue; you're talking about people only a decade or so away from ethnic cleansing moslems; they aren't just pariahs on the football field.

This, 100% exactly.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Did you know that Andy Ruffel of early 80s BMX set up the MOBO's?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just to not derail the footie thread too much...

Police are apparently investigating Clattenburg because of the Society of Black Lawyers complaint.

The SoBL complaint is based on an unconfirmed rumour in the media that Mark Clattenburg may have used an unknown racial term against one of the chelski players.

Now, I hear lots of rumours in the media, but I've never been compelled to make a complaint. Surely that's the problem for any potential victim - it's their job to decide whether they want to make a complaint or not.

Yes, I understand that if you see a crime then you can report it to the police. But if you read about it in the newspapers?

On this basis - I wonder if it's possible to complain to police that the Society of Black Lawyers is a racist organisation? By their very nature they exclude me because of my skin colour. They may have policies in place to get around the law (i.e. - they may well allow white people to be members) - but the name itself is a dead giveaway.

Surely that's worthy of a police investigation into racism?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The problem is, if the police ( particularly the met ) ignore a complaint over racism... yeah.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Did someone get a red card because they were black?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The problem is, if the police ( particularly the met ) ignore a complaint over racism... yeah.

I bet they'd ignore what I suggested. I think I might even get arrested for wasting their time.

Where's the difference? I'm actually offended - me personally. So I'm a victim, right?

rynnor

Rockhound
There is nothing they can do to stop this. If they fined nations millions of pounds, kicked them out of the World Cup for a competition you would still get racist people being racist.

You say this yet societies do change - the transformation of the UK from the 70s to now has been huge - there are still a few stubborn racists left but they have gone from the majority to the minority.

Fifa alone cannot change a country but its important that they do mark that its no longer acceptable internationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom