BF3 problem grr :(

Chosen

Resident Freddy
If you read down you will see this comment from benchmark!

"AMD Catalyst 11.9 will be released tomorrow, this driver is the 11.10 preview driver and AMD focused all improvements on Battlefield 3 but this doesn’t mean that other games will work worse than on other drivers."

----------------

Please Benchmark of catalyst 11.9 WHQL vs 11.10 Preview
151_pimp-bender_1024-48x48.jpg
BenchmarK3D
September 29, 2011 at 2:47 AM
The only official differences between the two is that 11.10 Preview is more optimized for Battlefield 3 Anti Aliasing and Crossfire… I’ll probably do something comparing performance with BF3 between the two.

-------

And I already said, there is two new AMD drivers. the official 11.9 and the one they made specific for BF3 11.10

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you follow AMD releases they release a driver update EVERY month. 11.10 was a normal update. 11.11 will come out in Nov.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That is my fucking point, every month AMD or Nvidia will make changes to improve a game. There is NO such thing as a speciific driver for a game otherwise they would have to break something else.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Well, you agree to disagree. Every site says otherwise tho, anyway my post was mainly to help the ones in the thread that had a loading issue.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Explain me this, they released 11.9 AFTER they released the 11.10 BF3 drivers. So you're argument there doesn't really hold any point then does it?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I used AMD drivers 10.10 fine with BF3. No problems whatsoever.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I used AMD drivers 10.10 fine with BF3. No problems whatsoever.

But you haven't played one single MP game tho? And it was that what seemed to be a issue here, people loading up slow and crashing when connecting to servers.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its not a graphics issue (I have the latest "BF3 optimised" nVidia drivers and a decent card), its not a memory issue (8GB), its not a broadband issue (I have a 50MB FTH connection and I actually get 50MB most of the time), its a server-side issue. Every BF game ever launched has started out with shonky net code and this one is no different, and the thanks to Frostbite and all the destructible environments, plus 64 player, I'm not really surprised.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Its not a graphics issue (I have the latest "BF3 optimised" nVidia drivers and a decent card), its not a memory issue (8GB), its not a broadband issue (I have a 50MB FTH connection and I actually get 50MB most of the time), its a server-side issue. Every BF game ever launched has started out with shonky net code and this one is no different, and the thanks to Frostbite and all the destructible environments, plus 64 player, I'm not really surprised.

I have never had this issue myself, and everything loads up smoothly. Same goes for my friends I play with. Tho I've had two crashes in total when I first started playing this game, but this happens so rarely that I don't even bother with it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Due to the random configurations of PCs some people will get problems with one driver where others don't, same as you always get some people complain that the optimized driver is actually slower for them. It is partly why they tell you not to upgrade the driver if everything is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom