BF3 problem grr :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
First time playing. I join a map, it loads the map and takes me to the deployment screen. I cannot click anything and when I press Esc, nothing happens

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah I've had that once, the game has various bugs to be sorted such as server performance causing rubber banding, loading issues and timeouts as well as server restarts.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This is easily fixable; I'll fix it via song;

BECAUSE YOUR NAME IS BUMHAT, YOU HAVE A BUM AS A HAT! To simply solve your issue, just REMOVE YOOURRR BUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM FRRROMMM YOOOUUUURRRRR HHEEEEAADDDDDDD! x

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know how people are having all these problems.. :S I must be lucky!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ok that problem is now fixed.
So far I upgraded my GFX drivers to the latest ones on MSI's site (which BF3 still says is outdated lol).
Removed uPNP on the router
Made sure punkbuster was installed and updated
Ran it all in Admin mode even though Win7 is super intelligent on this

Played a game for about 5 minutes, then when I went to deploy it just locked up. Cba with any more tonight, but if anyone knows a fix for me getting a frozen game whilst trying to deploy, please let me know.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
if anyone knows a fix for me getting a frozen game whilst trying to deploy, please let me know.

Give it a few patches. They normally clear it up in a few months. Rest assured it's not because of your rig - all your other games work OK, right? ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Give it a few patches. They normally clear it up in a few months. Rest assured it's not because of your rig - all your other games work OK, right? ;)
Yep everything else is fine. I guess it's encouragement to upgrade a few drivers, but like you say, everything else is fine and I remember Bad Company 2 was full of this crap :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Much as I want to buy this game, it's this bollocks thats stops me, even more than the fact it's not on Steam.

Even with BC2 I used to sometimes get that bug where my whole screen flickered, and that game's been out for ages :/

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Much as I want to buy this game, it's this bollocks thats stops me, even more than the fact it's not on Steam.

Even with BC2 I used to sometimes get that bug where my whole screen flickered, and that game's been out for ages :/

No where near the issues I had for BF2!!! Sometimes the game crashes when I join a server for the first time, but they have done a half decent job with the server browser, so it take two seconds to rejoin and get in! It's worth the investment for the multiplayer!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Joining a server off the server list takes like 3-4min to load for me :/

That was when I had 4GB ram tho, upgraded to 8GB the other day, I'll try again..

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Joining a server off the server list takes like 3-4min to load for me :/

That was when I had 4GB ram tho, upgraded to 8GB the other day, I'll try again..

I've got 8GB RAM; it makes no bloody difference. It seems to be the first server load in particular that takes forever, so I'm guessing its a caching thing.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah it seems sometimes it takes a few minutes other imes less than 30seeconds :)

Himse

FH is my second home
BF always took a long time to load! 1942, 2, all had pretty long loading times!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Got about 30seconds of loading time when entering a new server. Using radeon HD 5870, make sure you have the customized drivers that was made for BF3!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got about 30seconds of loading time when entering a new server. Using radeon HD 5870, make sure you have the customized drivers that was made for BF3!
Source?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

VERY important that you remove ANYTHING that have to do with you're AMD gfx card before installing this driver.
That is not specific to BF3. That is just a normal AMD driver update to fix issues and optimise for a game. Every version of AMD drivers has tweaks for certain games to make them play better. Customised in my mind means something that is shit for everything else except what they have been customised for.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
That is not specific to BF3. That is just a normal AMD driver update to fix issues and optimise for a game. Every version of AMD drivers has tweaks for certain games to make them play better. Customised in my mind means something that is shit for everything else except what they have been customised for.

This driver was released to make AMD run good with BF3. First being the 11.10 preview, then preview 2 and now the full 11.10 driver(With even better improved crossfire support) - they did the same with BC2, especially considering the loading time to get into the game!

When it came out, it was also announced that this was for customized to improve the performance for BF3 mainly.

Tho, AMD usually does this everytime a big game such as BF3 comes out.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
This is what got improved in the first 11.10 preview driver:

AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver

• Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series.
  • Enables support for Eyefinity 5×1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This driver was released to make AMD run good with BF3. First being the 11.10 preview, then preview 2 and now the full 11.10 driver(With even better improved crossfire support) - they did the same with BC2, especially considering the loading time to get into the game!

When it came out, it was also announced that this was for customized to improve the performance for BF3 mainly.

Tho, AMD usually does this everytime a big game such as BF3 comes out.
It is not a specific driver for BF3, that is my point, over the years they have released drivers which improved a game (which was released that month). This driver does not say "fuck everything else I will be shit but for BF3 I will scream and run like the wind".

Chosen

Resident Freddy
It is not a specific driver for BF3, that is my point, over the years they have released drivers which improved a game (which was released that month). This driver does not say "fuck everything else I will be shit but for BF3 I will scream and run like the wind".

Read my newer comment =) It was made for BF3. Hence they released the preview 1 and 2 right away after the beta came out, but waited for the full version so they could improve matters for other games aswell.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry but that is just a 3rd party site saying that, show me an AMD or Nvidia press release stating they released customised drivers for BF3.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
It is common sense really. When a new GFX engine is built in a very anticipated game which requires shitloads to run on max, it sells GFX cards in thousands. The big companies such as NVIDIA and ATI is the ones making the real moneys here, and will ofcourse do anything to make sure they sell the most! Why would you even doubt them making drivers that is specified directly for that game?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is common sense really. When a new GFX engine is built in a very anticipated game which requires shitloads to run on max, it sells GFX cards in thousands. The big companies such as NVIDIA and ATI is the ones making the real moneys here, and will ofcourse do anything to make sure they sell the most! Why would you even doubt them making drivers that is specified directly for that game?
My point is that they do not make drivers optimised for a game which makes something else worse.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I follow him myself, to make sure I always get out fast with their newest drivers.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
11.9 was the usual AMD update for the cards, but they made 11.10 specific for the BF3 gamers.

http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-11-10-preview-driver-bf3

"We'll have a special driver for BF3 next week (along with official Catalyst 11.9 release)" And the special driver is 11.10 WHILE 11.9 is the official catalyst release.

I am not sure what's not to understand about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom