BF2 Tech help (hardware prob - Joystick =D)

Causes_Chaos

Banned
Does any 1 know how to use a joystick in a chopper/plane?

ive been told u can apparently set it to use joystick when in aircraft and mouse with everything else?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it can be done (so I hear), but I can't get my logitech wingman to work properly :/ given it's an 7 yo joystick, but BF2 surely should pick up windows' default joy input setting properly?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Go to the key settings for the aircraft, instead of pressing a key when asked simply "use" the correct axis on the joystick or press the correct joystick key.

TdC

well, I'm thinking either the stick is simply too old, or that BF2 just refuses to get it right.

you can define different keys in OPTIONS > Controls. you will see heli, plane, boat, land ea. choose the chopper one, click the "pitch up" key with your mouse, then pull your joystick backwards. the game should register the movement and fill in the box for you. good luck. defining the keys worked for me, but my stick's axis' are screwed: both pitch-up and -down as wel as rudder-right and -left are on the same axis, so the chopper/plane rolls in one direction no matter what I do with my joystick :/

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
TdC said:
well, I'm thinking either the stick is simply too old, or that BF2 just refuses to get it right.

you can define different keys in OPTIONS > Controls. you will see heli, plane, boat, land ea. choose the chopper one, click the "pitch up" key with your mouse, then pull your joystick backwards. the game should register the movement and fill in the box for you. good luck. defining the keys worked for me, but my stick's axis' are screwed: both pitch-up and -down as wel as rudder-right and -left are on the same axis, so the chopper/plane rolls in one direction no matter what I do with my joystick :/

Mine did that. Make sure that your stick is in neutral axis before allocating. You also only need to allocate one axis, BF will know what the reverse is. My throttle was in mid range not at lowest setting when I configured it, as a result I could only fly backwards. Entertaining but not much use in a battle.

TdC

that's a good point Yuck. my stick has a throttle, I'll have a wee look what it's set to tonight!

It's very frustrating that I can't manage to fly at all with the mouse/kbd. any amount of pitch, expecially on the y-axis, and I'm doomed :/

Causes_Chaos

Banned
still no luck, it picks up all the buttons apart from axis movement

nerf, just get used to keybord/mouse i spose

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
I've played with someone who uses an X-Box gamepad,he said it was much easier to pilot with it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
supersaint said:
I've played with someone who uses an X-Box gamepad,he said it was much easier to pilot with it.

Pfft. Clearly he was on drugs. My Saitek works fine.

TdC

pfft :p so quick to judge ;) what the hell is a Saitek pray...and more importantly , should I ditch my old-e wingman for one?

TdC

ah, found it :) that st90 looks like a terminator's cock...err groinal data interface unit :)

which one do you have mr gaffer?

Will

/bin/su
I've got a Saitek X45. Its too big to fit on my desk, and I'm a shit pilot anyway, so it sits gathering dust. :/

Will

/bin/su
Sure. Part exchange against PC parts, a sock, and some beer? ;)

TdC

hur hur I'll give you a discount :) you still have to send me your new home addy btw. lets discuss in pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom