BF1942 for clans?

S

Skyler

lojik, that is not the case.

All maps require at least 8 imo.

wildie, you show that you are quite stupid in that post, have you ever tried running a 6 man clan?? Its hard to get the gits organised for matches when there is only 6, imagine running a 32 player clan... Think of how many youd have to recruit to be sure you could get 32 for every game ?

Dont be so stupid, 32 is not an option as far as clan gaming in bf1942 goes, its just not viable.... Maybe on publics, but not clangames...

Some nice input from this thread otherwise ;)

Now heres hoping BW get loads of BF1942 servers up and running for saturday so I can get straight into playing my copy :)

Lets hope the game suceeds :)

B

bart_simpson

PLAYERS ON SERVERS

Well i just eamiled the support team @ barrysworld about bf1942 being on the servers and there concerned that there are some server issues that need resolving b4 they will support it .

:((

Also i think 10 a side will be plenty to make it fast enough + like scoob says you need bandwidth and server capabilities to run alot more

S

Sar

I looked at the box today in Game, and it said you can play with up to 32 other players.

So it looks like 16v16 max for retail perhaps?

W

wildie

eh

been told the server issue there wont be a 64 player one yet as they fall over every 10 mins or so, also been told the system specs should be p4 2.4gig cpu single for 32 player, no duel cpu support and no linux server yet.

B

Bazerka

Originally posted by Sar
I looked at the box today in Game, and it said you can play with up to 32 other players.

So it looks like 16v16 max for retail perhaps?

The retail version can definitely support 64 players ;)

Jase.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Most other leagues seem to be using 12 vs 12 for matches.

Whether this is the best tactics wise, who knows, however, it does offer a nice balance between adequate support, and the problems larger clans bring about.

G

Gumbo

Re: PLAYERS ON SERVERS

Originally posted by bart_simpson
Well i just eamiled the support team @ barrysworld about bf1942 being on the servers and there concerned that there are some server issues that need resolving b4 they will support it .

:((

What you mean they won't be running servers for BF1942 Retail, well that's a bit of a pisser as thats the only reason I subscribed :(

W

Will

Re: Re: PLAYERS ON SERVERS

And it probably means the game will go the same way as Operation Flashpoint. With the number of staffers playing BF 1942, I can't see that happening though.

W

wildie

servers

i cant see bw not having any servers up for the full retail, but i can see they wont be running 64 player ones only 32 untill the server issues are fix, for 64 player.

if your in doubt ask them, they on irc all over the place on quakenet, and they wont bite your head off.
:)

D

Deathace

/me chops wildies head off.

On a more serious note both nathan and myself have done extensive testing with BF over the last few weeks both the demo/beta and retail more recently. BarrysWorld stand is that we would love to be able to run BF1942 but as stated previously there are numerous issues with doing so. We are currently running retails servers on a manual scale and are working hard on finding a solution to running them automated enough to support Bookables and BarryServers at a later date. The problems we are facing is more so with the game and its behaviour rather than our system or hardware.

Just to clarify that there are BF1942 demo and retail servers running if you logon with BarryLogon or the website then update gspy or ASE you will see them. They will be kept as stable as we can possibly offer but there are no promises until such times as we overcome the current problems with the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom