BF 1942 Patch is here!

S

Scooba Da Bass

Having a knockaround on a local 1.1 server, the game seems generally better, huzzah for EA

U

[UKLans]Khan

Can't wait to try it tongiht!! Are the BW servers updated?

Ta

Khan

S

Summo

The news page says that the servers "should be running this patch by lunchtime on Thursday."

P

Panda On Smack

Played my first game last night on BW

I 0wned a tank within minutes with some l33t grenade skillz.

I was worried for my team when I was top with 6 after only playing for a few minutes.

Has anyone else had that 'life flash before your eyes' moment as you see a jeep storming towards you and then you get run over?

The game kinda crashed though for no reason so hopefully this patch will fix stuff like that?

Oh, and how do you use the sniper rifle. Mine seemed to miss on ever syingle shot even though i was laying down and my target was standing still :(

L

legendario

Installed the patch

Still; cant run it higher that 60Hz :/

Anyone have this probo?

S

Summo

I shouted at you, Pandy but you ignored me. :(

I still haven't worked out the scoring system yet. Sometimes I'll think I'm playing like a berserka yet I'll be way down on the scoreboard. Other times I'm wandering about, shooting randomly like a drunk hobo yet among the top scorers in my team.

I dunno.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Panda, no one can hit anything with the sniper rifle, so don't worry.

As for the scoring, I to find it to be a little odd. Sometimes I'm thinking about what I'm doing and trying, and I'll be in mid table hell, othertimes, I'll not be paying attention and just get on with it, then next time I'll check I'll have 40 odd kills.

L

legendario

is it not you get 1 point for a frag and higher pointage for assisting in the flag capture.

My frag count is usually what I thought it would be but I have abandoned planes before and notched up 5 frags for nothing :/

But its the point system that baffles me....I get a varying no. of points each time I capture the flag :/

dunno.

C

Carl1ing

legendario

Installed the patch

Anyone have this probo?

The fixes are as follows:-

Fixed refresh rate locked to 60 hz in Win2k and XP machines. We`re working on getting this fix for Win98 and ME machines, but we`re waiting for dev support from Microsoft before we can proceed.

go to http://www.barrysworld.com/news/default.asp to c a list of fixes.

I

Insane

Originally posted by legendario
Installed the patch

Anyone have this probo?

*psst* leggie....

Originally posted in the fixes list
-Open the videodefault.con file found in Settings\VideoDefault.con
-Edit the line: renderer.allowAllRefreshRates # (where # can be replaced
by 0 or 1)
-Changing this value to one will allow you to select the refresh rates from the
Options>Video section of the in-game frontend. NOTE: the game will default to 640x480.

Z

Zarjazz

Well the newly patched BW BF servers should now appear automatically in the new ASE so the world is now a better place :)

L

lojik

I think the scoring works like this

1 point for a kill

2 points for a flag capture

now the 2 points you get for the flag capture are the easy ones, as long as you are wandering around the general area when the flag changes to your team then you get the 2 points. So sometimes it seems you're not doing too much yet you rack up the points real fast coz you hapen to be in the right place at the right time (oh and everyone on your side who is in the general area gets the 2 points, you just have to be standing close enough for the little grey flag to pop up)

On the other hand you can go on a mad nutty bastad killing spree, mowing down all and sundry, but if you are not there when a base changes, killing the enemy 1 at a time is the slowest way to increase your score.

P

Panda On Smack

Sorry Summo :(

I said hello to lots of people as well but they didn't reply either.

Its not overly clear on the left side when someone is speaking or just listing who died etc.

Hi Summo!

anyway i bug you :(

S

Summo

I was only joking about the bugging thing, Pandy! Let's not let one misunderstanding soil our relationship.

I love you, see? There, I said it.

T

throdgrain

The new patch appears to have partly fixed the big ping problems some people, including me, were having.
i went on a BY server a while ago , had a game with about 25 people and the ping stayed below 50. Encouraged, I went on the BW server, and it went up to 1000. Hmm. A few more tries yet I think ...
I was getting kind of white flashes from time to time too, anyone else get them ?

L

legendario

I dont get that many problems...i've sorted the refresh thing thanks to insane :)

My biggest problems seems to be the random nature at which the game chooses if your gonna kill someone or not.

I'll burst fire 2 clips at someone close range and they still dont die. What is goin on?

Is it dodgy netcode?

Then sometimes it'll hardly take anything to kill someone.

And there is also the issue of knives. Point blank range and they do nothing for me :/

S

S-Gray

hmmm i like it! The text is way more readable now, and the Graphics is more stable at the start of a game (before it was juddery to hell)

S

S-Gray

I dont get that many problems...i've sorted the refresh thing thanks to insane :)

My biggest problems seems to be the random nature at which the game chooses if your gonna kill someone or not.

I'll burst fire 2 clips at someone close range and they still dont die. What is goin on?

Is it dodgy netcode?

And there is also the issue of knives. Point blank range and they do nothing for me :/

I get this problem all the time, especially from Long Range, it will take a shit load of bullets to kill the enemy.. but i die from like 3 bullets :eek:

and you know yourself Leggie, the knife works... :D you really do have to "get ontop" of them to kill em tho

L

legendario

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]

you really do have to "get ontop" of them to kill em tho

I've seen you regularly mount those little japanese guys...perv :p

X

xane

Originally posted by lojik
now the 2 points you get for the flag capture are the easy ones, as long as you are wandering around the general area when the flag changes to your team then you get the 2 points. So sometimes it seems you're not doing too much yet you rack up the points real fast coz you hapen to be in the right place at the right time (oh and everyone on your side who is in the general area gets the 2 points, you just have to be standing close enough for the little grey flag to pop up)

One evening, just for a laugh, I spawned Axis and capped the South Beach village flag, then jumped in the Jeep and hid in the sandbag emplacement towards the end of the penninsula, keeping watch over the new capture. After a few minutes a couple of Allied turned up in a tank to re-cap it, I wisely kept my head down not wishing to go 1-to-1 against a Sherman.

Once they'd gone, I jumped back into the Jeep, headed back enough to re-cap, and then drove right back to the emplacement and hid again. Sure enough a few Allied turn up a minute later and again I hold off sniping (as the death cam shows where your killer is).

As you can imagine this continued for a while until I got bored, fortunately none of the Allied twigged what was happening, but I was near the top scorers without firing a shot :)

L

legendario

Originally posted by camazotz

(as the death cam shows where your killer is).

Does it?

When I die the cam zooms away far away and I dont see anything.

P

Panda On Smack

Originally posted by Summo
I was only joking about the bugging thing, Pandy! Let's not let one misunderstanding soil our relationship.

I love you, see? There, I said it.

Then its settled, we shall be wed!

U

[UKLans]Khan

i'll be the drunk uncle that you always get at weddings.... now all we need is a dodgy 80's DJ :)

Khan

S

S-Gray

Hmm... just had my first real go of 1.1.. My Views:

When i used ASE to Connect to the Server, it took ages to connect

My Graphics card was really really Slow (is there any command to show your FPS? (Like a Netgraph)

When i died, the whole Screen went black with a Small Dot in the middle, is that supposed to do that?

When the Game ended, instead of going straight back into the game, it reconnected to the server, thus it took ages again to connect.

I hope i dont get these sorts of Errors when the Full game is out because at the moment it is getting unplayable..

S

Scooba Da Bass

Is it dodgy netcode?

I'm not really sure what I'm doing that's so different to everyone else, but I find the assualt rifles incredibly easy to use, the Bar in particular, given enough ammo I can rank up 10 kills in quick succession.

I think you need to lead a fair bit, even at close range, over long distances, crouch at the very least, going prone is preferable. Squeeze of single bullets, re-aiming at the head every time, you still have to lead, once you get a hit you'll see your target jerk, this will stop their movement, now you gotta squeeze off bullets as fast as possible, if you get it right, they'll go down after 2/3 without being able to move away.

C

Cloudburst

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]

My Graphics card was really really Slow (is there any command to show your FPS? (Like a Netgraph)

Yep - open the console by pressing the key above TAB (usually a tildle -squiggly thing or similar) and then type the following

console.showfps 1

close the console window and you should see your fps, the comms bar at the top might obscure the fps reading so close that by pressing F8 (Pressing F8 turns it back on again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom