Beyond a joke now

Marc

FH is my second home
So we lock Praag and CW in quick succession and guess what happens at fortress. Server crashes due to lag.

How many times does this need to happen before it gets sorted? I suppose GOA dont care as im sure they will have some more useless fluff in the next patch, like a christmas santa hat for us.

/rant off

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
the feckers (mythic) should be sued for false advertising. large scale rvr my hairy bean bag.....

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
And here's something I posted in the other thread:

Update from Mark on Vnboards:

VN Boards - WAR, open RvR and you - Our plans and goals over the next few months and beyond

"Folks,

Here's a quick update on where things stand as of this evening:

1) Patch 1.0.6 is looking good for going LIVE tomorrow.

2) The fix I talked about last week that will improve overall client performance in RvR, especially in high traffic situations, *may* go LIVE tomorrow. It involved a major change to the client and we need to be 100% sure that that we don't make some things better but at the same time, make some things worse with this change.

3) We hope to have a fix to the major issue that is causing fortress crashing going either to the PTS this week and/or possibly rolled out to one or two commercial servers this week as well for testing this week as well. As above, this also involved a significant change (but this time to the server) so we need to be a little bit more careful than usual before it's rolled out to all the LIVE servers.

4) I hope to be able to post tomorrow going into a little bit more detail about the influence system that we hope will go LIVE with 1.1. FYI, 1.1 is still looking good for going LIVE this month. It can still be pushed back of course but it's still on track as of today.

And no, I don't ignore threads once they get to a certain point but I do tend to stop commenting in them unless I have something useful to say. There is no point in simply saying "it's coming soon" again and again.

Mark"

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
GOA will sit with their feet up doing sod all as usual hoping Mythic sort all their problems. They're purely a reseller and service provider, so no point in getting annoyed at them, it's not like they have any clout with Mythic.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
And here's something I posted in the other thread:

Update from Mark on Vnboards:

VN Boards - WAR, open RvR and you - Our plans and goals over the next few months and beyond

"Folks,

Here's a quick update on where things stand as of this evening:

1) Patch 1.0.6 is looking good for going LIVE tomorrow.

2) The fix I talked about last week that will improve overall client performance in RvR, especially in high traffic situations, *may* go LIVE tomorrow. It involved a major change to the client and we need to be 100% sure that that we don't make some things better but at the same time, make some things worse with this change.

3) We hope to have a fix to the major issue that is causing fortress crashing going either to the PTS this week and/or possibly rolled out to one or two commercial servers this week as well for testing this week as well. As above, this also involved a significant change (but this time to the server) so we need to be a little bit more careful than usual before it's rolled out to all the LIVE servers.

4) I hope to be able to post tomorrow going into a little bit more detail about the influence system that we hope will go LIVE with 1.1. FYI, 1.1 is still looking good for going LIVE this month. It can still be pushed back of course but it's still on track as of today.

And no, I don't ignore threads once they get to a certain point but I do tend to stop commenting in them unless I have something useful to say. There is no point in simply saying "it's coming soon" again and again.

Mark"

Ah crashes INC! :p

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
GOA will sit with their feet up doing sod all as usual hoping Mythic sort all their problems. They're purely a reseller and service provider, so no point in getting annoyed at them, it's not like they have any clout with Mythic.

You finish that little sentence with the caveat "They're purely a reseller and service provider" but start of with "GOA will sit with their feet up doing sod all as usual"

It doesn’t make sense.

I mean, what DO you expect GOA to do?
People need to learn how to target their attacks.
GOA have given us so many EASY targets for venting, but you start attacking things that they have no say over, and you loose your impact.

For your convenience I will publish a list of acceptable GOA bashing topics

1. The Flash Website
2. Rubbish release of War (this includes all the account creation issues and issues from those who brought valid box sets but couldn’t log in)
3. The Herald has less information than we expected. They have access to their own databases, yet they could come up with only the character/guild searches and 9 different metrics? Where are the class specific lists? Why are the lists seemingly aimed at only the Scenario Monkeys?
4. The French.
5. The Irish as well now.
6. IainC, where is Requiem!!
7. Dodgy billing system. Was this a mistake? or an easy way to bring in cash from people who cant be bothered to argue about a tenner? (obviosuly this is just a retorical question, no need for lawers or the words slander thank you very much).

The following list is things that we CAN’T blame GOA for

1. Mythic’s net code. This includes server performance and garrison induced server crashes.
2. Dodgy campaign reset system
3. BW’s
4. My wife’s cooking

J

Jenk

gordro, you're wife's cooking must be better than mine. I have difficulty boiling a kettle without setting the kitchen on fire.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
gordro, you're wife's cooking must be better than mine. I have difficulty boiling a kettle without setting the kitchen on fire.

Obviosuly your wife is the Order mirror class version of my destruction wife :)

Both cook badly but useing slightly different mechanics. My wife is specked in "oversalting" and "not being able to use the timer on the oven"

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Warhammer large scale rvr is a joke compared to daoc, the only time we managed to crash daoc servers is when the animist wanst nerfed yet and we could spam 1 mil shrooms @ relic keep haha xD

but 200vs 200 was no problem most of the time.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Obviosuly your wife is the Order mirror class version of my destruction wife :)

Both cook badly but useing slightly different mechanics. My wife is specked in "oversalting" and "not being able to use the timer on the oven"

I feel this is more a player issue than a class issue, its certainly a wide spread problem my wife also suffering from similar problems, but I see other people fulfilling the role very well.

For what its worth my wife went for the "burn water" spec with leftover's into "Break's eggs" line which is very infuriating as she has the tactic equipped that causes her to ask "is it cooked properly?" every time someone else cooks.

Fix please GOA!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Warhammer large scale rvr is a joke compared to daoc, the only time we managed to crash daoc servers is when the animist wanst nerfed yet and we could spam 1 mil shrooms @ relic keep haha xD

but 200vs 200 was no problem most of the time.

Crashed Excalibur plenty of times during relic raids pre-SI.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Crashed Excalibur plenty of times during relic raids pre-SI.

same happend on Pryd......but as said many times before , this game is still new , and so was DAoC back then (SI did'nt come that long after beta) .
But sure i agree that this game has a tendence to crash a little TO easy :m00:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Fair enough to the folks saying the game is new but have they learnt anything from DAOC?

Everything so far points to no.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Hey all,

Yep we're very aware of the server & client stability issues in oRvR and so is Mythic.

As announced in the statement given here and the subsequent feedback given on the topic by Mark Jacobs we have already put through some client and server software updates that specifically address this issue and we will continue to do so.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've edited the thread title, this isn't a GOA issue. This thread is like bitching at Dell for installing windows on the PC you specified and then windows having a bug.

If you're going to bash GOA make sure you're getting things straight. I'm looking at you here Kami as GOA are effectively paid to run this code by Mythic (whether directly, by them receiving all/part of the subs or both is irrelevant). Ergo GOA's problems with the software are Mythics problems. If the server hardware were to tank however, I'd imagine that you could bitch at GOA for all you like as no doubt the boxes are GOA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom