Bethesfa E3

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So Bethies are going to have their first ever rpess conference at E3.

I'm hopeful it'll be Fallout 4, especially since the actor of three-dog had tweeted towards that a while back.

New elder scrolls would be good too. But gimme F4 :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I hope its not F4 because how bent out of shape the fans will get :d

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I hope its not F4 because how bent out of shape the fans will get :d

Yeah, be it anything it's going to be a sh*tstorm of yei and nay. If it is F4 though, not gonna read anything about it outside a release dte.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I missed something I think.

Loved Fallout 3... couldn't give a fuck about 'fans'. Most fans of anything are cunts with entitlement issues.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Anyway.... Fallout 4 would be welcomed in my open arms.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyway.... Fallout 4 would be welcomed in my open arms.
I'd love 'em to rework the movement and combat physics and the utterly woeful NME AI.

If they could stop it feeling like a clusterfuck of a console twattery shitebox then I'd love it tbh. Everything else is right about it. It would go from awful to great.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
f4 would be a new engine though, no ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I would certainly hope so, even Skyrim is ancient.

Mabs

yea but iirc they always do 1 elder scrolls, 1 fallout, per engine
except New Vegas was a diff studio and doesnt count

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought elder scrolls was on the fallout engine? Or at least a heavily modified version.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Different (kinda)engines for all. Oblivion and fallout 3 used havoc(both modified to fit needs), new vegas used havoc for physics stuff, but also obsidians gamebryo engine and skyrim used betheses own creation engine.

Mabs

Different (kinda)engines for all. Oblivion and fallout 3 used havoc(both modified to fit needs), new vegas used havoc for physics stuff, but also obsidians gamebryo engine and skyrim used betheses own creation engine.

so assuming it is F4, it will be SkyrimEngineV2.0 then

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd hazard a guess at skyrim 2.0 yeah. Zenimax basically owns all engines anyway(well, they "prefer" company to company resourcing). It's certainly not havoc(i hope, dated as poo).

They've had plenty of time(4 years soon) to fiddle with the creation engine, so if we get a fallout with a skyrim 2.0 engine it's going to be sweet :p

Only issue is that if they liked vegas a lot, as fans did, they might not give it to bethesda and obsidian is working on it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
AI boost is what's needed most. Combat is like playing fucking Duck Hunt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I never get close enough to the enemy for AI to be an issue!

Though it would be nice if NPCs reacted for more than a minute or so after I take their bestest buds head off with a rifle.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Considering hwo much improved AI gets with mods, even if they upgrade it a bit then the community should handle the rest :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I never get close enough to the enemy for AI to be an issue!

Though it would be nice if NPCs reacted for more than a minute or so after I take their bestest buds head off with a rifle.

That's the sort of thing. Someone gets their head shot off, they don't get themselves into cover and start attacking in any sort of coordinated fashion. Skyrim was kinda dumb in the same way too.

All games suffer from awful AI to some extent - AI development stalled in the late 90's IMO. It's just I find Fallout to be sorta the worst. Lovely weapons, but what's the point of 'em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom