Beta WoW (new info)

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think there is a static release date yet, or even a guessed one by the company

laiyna

Fledgling Freddie
August/September is expected by most people.

Laiyna

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
some blizzard dude said on beta forum that the beta would last atleast another 5 months.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
i want that game now !!!!!!! :(
it looks so cool with the skinns etc.... to bad it doesnt say much about Druids :/

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
ive been playing a few beta's and free trials recently, and nothing even compaires to DAoC atm, maybe because ive played DAoC so long and just got so used to it, but still, i am still waiting for a good one to come out, so ill wait and see if WoW is any good, if not, then the waiting continues :(

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
ive been playing a few beta's and free trials recently, and nothing even compaires to DAoC atm, maybe because ive played DAoC so long and just got so used to it, but still, i am still waiting for a good one to come out, so ill wait and see if WoW is any good, if not, then the waiting continues :(

there wont be a game that will be exactly the same as daoc. Off course there hasnt been any game afaik that had RvR in it either though, except for swg which what I have heard wasnt that well designed and for planetside (which doesnt have the same taste as daoc).
Off course most people in daoc actually prefer PvP over RvR actually (1fg vs 1fg or 1 vs 1 instead of zerg vs zerg).

Anyway keep trying out games as allthough it might not be the same as daoc, it might be more fun (as its new and possibly better designed in most areas you like).

Personally I do think WoW could be a real threat to daoc, but then it has to be well designed certainly after frontiers hits daoc as then daoc puts a better version out of RvR.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
SWG was actually better then alot of peope think, it just got boring because theres almost no contect atm, it aint been going all that long, but what i ment was, i think daoc covers most aspects better then the other games atm, daoc is getting really old really fast now, but its still a much better game then alot of the new ones, but thats because there "new" and have no content yet, if you understand where im going with this.

Cyfr

Banned
k9awya said:
i would rather play middle earth online tbh :/

MEO is going to seriously rock. Just look at those screenshots :D

*drools*

Im going to get this game and play it like hell :D

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
give link :), im too lazy to look :(, and then i can see what all the fuss about MEO is all about :D

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
SWG was actually better then alot of peope think, it just got boring because theres almost no contect atm, it aint been going all that long, but what i ment was, i think daoc covers most aspects better then the other games atm, daoc is getting really old really fast now, but its still a much better game then alot of the new ones, but thats because there "new" and have no content yet, if you understand where im going with this.

swg was designed poorly as there was nothing to do after a really short time. I know that the game was reasonably well balanced, just boring so still poorly designed.
Also WoW should have something new to interest you and probably just slightly less content as daoc. However might be wrong on amount of content, but the amount isnt that important as long as its something new and can keep you happy with "new" things till more content gets added :).

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
Personally I do think WoW could be a real threat to daoc, but then it has to be well designed certainly after frontiers hits daoc as then daoc puts a better version out of RvR.
A better version of RvR?

What

the

fuck

?

The only thing that I like about Frontiers is the revamped frontier zones, no milegates should be interesting... but everything else just makes me cringe. Almost all RA's nerfed to hell (and as most albs rely on RA's like BoF, SoS, etc it's going to be hard for us.) Oh and don't forget; radar for everyone.

Such a better version of RvR...

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Coim said:
The only thing that I like about Frontiers is the revamped frontier zones, no milegates should be interesting... but everything else just makes me cringe. Almost all RA's nerfed to hell (and as most albs rely on RA's like BoF, SoS, etc it's going to be hard for us.) Oh and don't forget; radar for everyone.

Such a better version of RvR...

Well daoc is at 1.65 patch (dont know enough of RvR with ToA) isnt really RvR its more PvP as people want 1vs1 and fgvsfg. Mythic is steering towards making the game to realm fights, which is imo RvR. So after the imbalances of the new RA system andof ToA gets sorted than RvR will be better (possibly the 1vs1 and fgvsfg side will be less).
Off course with the new map abilities(and keep teleporting) it will take less time to get to fights which is a good thing.
I think to many things are being changed to know wether the game will be fun. Just keep playing it if you find it fun and see per patch wether you like the direction mythic is taking the game.

Ow and you forget teleporting between keeps(and probably alot of other things that have changed which I also have forgotten).

and archeon if you get within 4k of a keep/tower it also shows in general terms how many there are. It is hardly as exact as radar, but it does help with finding people to kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom