Beta to restart in a week?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Couldn't see anything in the last week, but just seen TenTonHammer say the Beta servers are coming back up next week. Is this true?

The Link

The reference...

In an otherwise run-of-the-mill Warhammer Online PR release about hitting the 500k mark for beta sign-ups, you might have noticed this little gem:

Beta testing resumes next week with a special sneak peek at the new Dark Elf lands and careers. Thanks to the tremendous response from fans around the world, the development team has a strong pool of gamers to engage in WAR's final tuning stages.

Get ready, ladies and gentlemen. We are back in beta starting next week. Read the release here. Come on over to the forums and discuss your child-like glee at this proclamation.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
EA Mythic - Warhammer Online
December 13, 2007
WARHAMMER® ONLINE’S BETA ARMY NOW HALF A MILLION STRONG AND GROWING

More Than 500,000 Sign Up for Early Access to EA Mythic’s MMORPG Scheduled for Release in Calendar Q2 2008

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Dec. 13 2007 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (WAR), the highly anticipated massively-multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) from EA Mythic, has surpassed 500,000 closed beta registrants in North America and Europe. Beta testing resumes next week with a special sneak peek at the new Dark Elf lands and careers. Thanks to the tremendous response from fans around the world, the development team has a strong pool of gamers to engage in WAR's final tuning stages.

"It’s fantastic that over half a million players want to help us with the development of WAR," said Mark Jacobs, VP and General Manager of EA Mythic. "Their feedback will help us take WAR to the next level as we focus on refining game play, adding polish, and most importantly, making sure the game is extremely fun. We can’t wait to let them all into the living, breathing Warhammer universe that we’re creating."

Poised to be one of the biggest new MMORPG releases of next year, WAR is slated for official launch in Q2 of calendar year 2008. The Beta Center is still open and accepting recruits at: https://betacenter.eamythic.com/signup.php.

Based on Games Workshop’s epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, Warhammer Online features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm™ (RvR) game play that immerses players in a world of perpetual conflict. For more information, please visit EA Mythic - Warhammer Online.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Yeah, i heard it was supposed to be this week but it's been delayed a week (a friend has beta). So we should start getting more news again :D

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Lol yeah you can say i used entrapment tho, 'You fancy coming to the pub mate?' 'Yeah might as well, beta ain't up for another week now, so i got sod all to do!'

Cunning huh :D
Now all i need is a beta account of my own so i don't have to lure these lapses out by means of cold cider. My bank account can't take it :D

*Hatches plan to grass up friend so he gets a beta account* Friendship is only worth so much after all lol.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Now all i need is a beta account of my own so i don't have to lure these lapses out by means of cold cider. My bank account can't take it :D

Yes! Gifv beta! Is there some way we can force IainC to give us all beta's? :D

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I just wanna know what the hell is going on with guild beta

Last I heard guild beta is scheduled for "early next year" make of that what you will.

I imagine they will only open it when they are ready for the concentrated test for guilds the same way when they open they are having a concentrated test with the elf race pairing.

I agree it does suck having to wait so long, I feel like a bouncer at a great new club called Warhammer just told me it's 1 in 1 out and I have to stand there whilst those on the guest list go in before me. It's cold and rainy outside this proverbial club :(

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Last I heard guild beta is scheduled for "early next year" make of that what you will.

I imagine they will only open it when they are ready for the concentrated test for guilds the same way when they open they are having a concentrated test with the elf race pairing.

I agree it does suck having to wait so long, I feel like a bouncer at a great new club called Warhammer just told me it's 1 in 1 out and I have to stand there whilst those on the guest list go in before me. It's cold and rainy outside this proverbial club :(

And IainC can get us all on the guestlist! C'mon Requiel! What's your price? :D

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
....maybea spot for every player who was 'forced' to leave dyvet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom