Beta Status

V

vladamyr

welln the US they re onbeta 3 right now so its probably hard to get in that one only thing i can advise u to do if u want to be a beta tester is to sighn up at the euro site www.shadowbane.de as this is only entering beta 2 i think. As a beta tester myself i cant actually tel u to much about the game :( but i can say this, ITS w whooooooolllleee new world :)

so sighn u quickly if u wana be a tester plus just like all CVs it doesent hurt to boost ure stats up if you know what i mean like on one questions they ask what proccessor u have .. now u obviously aint gonna say ure running on a pentium 2, even if u were they don need to know that and there looking for peoplewith the best comps so oil the screws... ;)

C

.Cask

Originally posted by vladamyr
now u obviously aint gonna say ure running on a pentium 2, even if u were they don need to know that and there looking for peoplewith the best comps so oil the screws... ;)

Have to disagree with that in most circumstances. If I wanted my piece of software tested I'd be looking for as much variation as possible. Not much good having all testers running a P4-2.8Ghz or Athlon XP2200+ as you'll never know what the minimum requirements are. Although, as you said, even I would be tempted to lie if I had a Pentium 2.

Also I read somewhere that it isn't always good to have lots of previous beta experience. The companies are looking for testers that would also be potential customers so it would be favourable to be loyal to a few games, rather than jumping from game to game which makes you look like a freeloader.

Probably best to be honest really, as you won't be doing the games company any favours by cheating on your application and you might even cheat yourself out of a beta spot as in reality you have exactly what they're looking for in a test machine.

S

SilverHood

depends what they are testing

if they are testing gameplay, rather than how the game runs, power pc's will be of much more use than low end machines.

S

seranu

depends what they are testing

if they are testing gameplay, rather than how the game runs, power pc's will be of much more use than low end machines.

but saying that more power pc users will be accepted is also wrong :/

V

vladamyr

Everhing ive said ive made with my own judgement from past Beta experiences if it will be diffrent with SB i dont know...

Users who are viewing this thread