[HELP] Beta Key Not Working????

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I was patient... I've thus far not waded into Goa or joined in the flaming. I entered my Beta Key as soon as the code page became available this afternoon some 11 hours ago, using the old account details. (The one I used to get news letters from). After waiting some 10 hours, I read on a diffrent forum that peeps have entered their details multiple times in order to get a faster response. Well frankly I'd waited long enough. I paid for my open beta, and though in the larger scheme of things it was counter productive for the player base as a whole I submitted about 8 copies of my key by copy pasting in IE.

I quickly (within a matter of mins) got 2 replys, both saying my registration has failed. There was a link to follow to say why it failed. It simply said authentication failed, check log in, password and key before trying again. I very carefully scrutinised my key entry against the one I have and I was sure it matched. I looked for characters that looked the same, or could be mistaken for another chatacter. I had one U in it which was similar to a V. Clutching at straws I changed the characters and send another few keys off. I got the same reply.

Not being on to give up easily I then repeated the process, using the second user and password I set up yesterday with exactly the same response.

Frankly I'm baffled and can only conclude that my key isnt working. Im aware that the multiple entries I've sent are only making more work for the guys at GOA, and mean people have to wait longer. Well I'm trying to justify it like this, 1. I paid for my key, alot of others havent.. 2. If this system worked as it should people wouldn't feel the need to make multiple entries to get a resonable response time.

Anyway I feel pretty screwed until I get some useful feedback, any constructive help appreciated.

Barbar_Bar

Fledgling Freddie
Fak this it aint working. Go cry in your wifes lap your computergam wooon't plaaay *sniff*

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
some of the keys are flawed.

my key was invalid on the old auth server setup the only 2 times i managed to try.

my key has an O that looks exactly the same as the O at the pcOb01 part of the key but aparently its really a D even though it looks identical to the letter we already know for certain is really an O.

so if you have an O in your cdkey thats beyond the first 6 letters try doing it as a D instead.

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the advice Arknor, however I had no O's in my kek outside the first batch of characters. I did however have a D, so tried swapping it to O! basically the reverse of what you suggested but so frustrated now will almost try anything.. Anyway that didnt work.. Im pretty convinced there is something wrong with my key.

Dvergar

Regular Freddie
some of the keys are flawed.

my key was invalid on the old auth server setup the only 2 times i managed to try.

my key has an O that looks exactly the same as the O at the pcOb01 part of the key but aparently its really a D even though it looks identical to the letter we already know for certain is really an O.

so if you have an O in your cdkey thats beyond the first 6 letters try doing it as a D instead.

I was about to whine before I read your post, and yes, there is a D I entered as an O. Thank you sir.

Dvergar

Regular Freddie
Thank you again Arknor, i just the confirmation e-mail! And now that I look at it I can't imagine why I thought it was an O >.<

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know the best way to contact GOA to get this resolved?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
just to check: you're putting in your current username and password (i.e. not trying to set a new password)

Also to doublecheck you're using the right key (the open beta one, not the headstart or freebies) these keys start with:

PCOB01
(note that that's pee-cee-oh-bee-zero-one)
WARPBE
WARPBF

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Yep.. As I said in my op, I used the log in I originally created weeks ago in order to register for closed beta and to get my news letters. I'm using the top key that starts PCOb01... Any Characters that can be mistaken for another.. D for O, V for U etc I've tried every possible combination and I still get the failed to register mail... I dont think I'm the only one with this problem. I think there are a couple of others with the same issue.

But where yesterday we was all in the same boat waiting for mails, seems the vast majority are having their keys accepted and finally geting registered. For the minority that are having other issues, like me its worrying that we are going to get forgotten about. Especially as I dont see any way to bring this directly to their attention, just sit and hope that a community officer sees this thread...

schabek

Fledgling Freddie
Why i still dont get email i verify my key 10 times but dont get email yet:(
I only get 2 mails that my key is invalid or login is incorect but its bullshit i check key and logins 2 times before i accept what is wrong i must play it :(

Xeel

Fledgling Freddie
My GF is having a similar problem. Key registered "ok" according to the mail she recieved, but she cannot log in. Auth fails.

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Yep seen a couple of peeps on warhammer alliance seem to have the same problem.. Whats really annoying me is I have to simply wait for someone from goa to find this thread as I have no idea how to contact them directly.. Having said that even if I did I think it would just get lost in the mindless rants and hate mail ...

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
The code I got from here starts with WARPBE, but according to the main site that's fine. I get an error message that I can't click on to see though.

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
GOA have just posted an update on how to deal with beta key issues, however as I feared it just covered the possible mistakes with keying stuff in wrongly. As I think I've tried every concievable combination of possible characters for my key its of little help to me personally..

Dralisz

Fledgling Freddie
My GF is having a similar problem. Key registered "ok" according to the mail she recieved, but she cannot log in. Auth fails.

I have the same problem.

1th: I made account on sunday while is died down before the last step.
2nd: I got email about i can validate my code yesteday.
3rd: I treid to validate my betakey and got "Your code hasn't been registered." at 19:31 yesterday
after it 19:41 i got a new mail about the validation is succesed. at 19:41
and i still can't login in the mythic patcher alaways authenctical error.
I tried to revalidate my key but nothing happen. :/

Melindi

Fledgling Freddie
Also have the 'invalid' email - despite double, triple, etc, checking the code I have entered compared with the code on my printout. I have entered enough of these codes in my lifetime to know the difference between a D and an O and a 0, and an I does not look like a 1 on the form either!

kAPo

Fledgling Freddie
atleast you guys got emails..... im still waiting for mine, since monday -.-

LordOfLA

Fledgling Freddie
It seems I can't make a new thread - must be something in the rules I skimmed over.

Anyway I have in my inbox and email that wants me to confirm a subscription. When I click the link I get redirected to a page with ?error=2x27 on the end and a box pops up saying undefined.

Is this the so called "activation" email and something broke or do I need to resubmit the key(s) again or what?

Dralisz

Fledgling Freddie
Anybody don't know an email address of somebody from the GOA?

schabek

Fledgling Freddie
OMFG i pissed off
i try put code and i do it good i wirite same kode that i get from freedys
they send me 8 mails that my code is invalid but in mail from them this write that kody i write is other that this what i put in to verify wtf can someone have same problem or know how to resolwe it?

Meerwein

Fledgling Freddie
Took GOA 36 hours (it arrived at 4am) to send me an email saying my key was wrong even though myself and my colleagues at work all agree with my first guess.

In a fit of desparation I have sent 27 variations on the code in the fallorn hope of hitting at least one corrrect code. No replies as of yet but it's only 5 hours now since I tried.

Emailed GOA via the email address on the home page but no reply from that either.

Would someone from GOA like to PM me and explain why it is taking so long to send emails to me and why my key is 'wrong'? I have a list of the codes I tried which I have kept for prosperity.

E

Elaijts

Hello,

Both me and my friend have had some trouble getting registred for the open beta. If anyone have any answers to these questions, we would be very gratefull.

We bought the game from EA, which included a beta key.

Then we registred at war-europe.com site.
We then entered our beta keys.

No answer the first day, but on the second day we received mails from GOA.

First of, I had been looking around for an explanation as to why we wouldn't have gotten the mail from them yet, and some people were advicing the rest of us to try multiple times, so we did. Not a lot of times, but a few more, with no result.

Then this morning, in my inbox, there was 20+ mails from GOA, all quoting the previous one. Saying that there had been an error, and when I clicked the link to see what had caused this, it said that the key had already been validated(error=6x02 or code 711)

Well this was weird, so I tried to contact GOA. Seems like they haven't bothered to put up their email on the website yet tho, so I tried my luck writing it as a bug on the website (the button in the bottom of the page). This haven't helped me so far, as I haven't received any information from them yet.

So then I figured, maybe if I log onto the site, there might be a better email, or a way to contact GOA directly. New problem shows. Seems like my site account has been blocked? I even tried to make a new email, and register for the site again, with the same result.

Any input on these problems is much appretiated..

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I'm having basically the same problem as elaijts. I got my code from eastore (and yes it's for euro) and I have registed two forum accs and sent in beta for both. When I try to do it again for both accs, both say the code is already activated. But when I try log into the game with either login, it just says authentication failed. So, is that goa's fuckup, or did eastore send me a faulty beta code? Not sure how to get around this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom