best weapon using class for playing solo?

Aoir

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
that last part makes no sense

champ could ip purge and us ignore pain.....us do you mean use? and if so ip and ignore pain is 1 in the same.
opps soz

i ment use yes and not sure why i typed ip twice but i ment Avoid pain :(

B

Ballad

Aoir said:
Hehe people go large weapon coz its cheaper and hit harder

Shield is better at higher levels

Champ could IP purge and us ingore pain
Shield champions suck. Period.

LW is what makes us decent in PvP. Damage is what we do the best. Annihilation is as important to us as the mez is for Skalds.

Saying that shield champs are better than LW champs is totally absurd. They might work in the ever FotM RvR world but this is PvP. Go play one and see the difference.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
not gonna go into a long drawn out arguement again, but sheild champs are good for this reason, they dont get hit, and are free to beta up who ever they choose while they blok everything.

B

Ballad

Tsabo said:
not gonna go into a long drawn out arguement again, but sheild champs are good for this reason, they dont get hit, and are free to beta up who ever they choose while they blok everything.
Ever played one?

There is/was a 50 RR4l5 shield champ in my last guild (<Hatred>). I dueled with him as my 48 lurikeen LW champion. I would've won if he hadn't used IP.

They certainly do not "block all the time".

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Ballad said:
Ever played one?

There is/was a 50 RR4l5 shield champ in my last guild (<Hatred>). I dueled with him as my 48 lurikeen LW champion. I would've won if he hadn't used IP.

They certainly won't "block all the time".

So you won 1 duel, and base your facts on that? ... certainly hope that you ain't collecting empiric data for a living.

B

Ballad

Shrye said:
So you won 1 duel, and base your facts on that? ... certainly hope that you ain't collecting empiric data for a living.
Okay, You can keep shield champions great. It's fine by me.

Show me one good shield champ on PvP and I believe it too.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
a shield champ is good as is a lw champ. in an assist train if teh LW gets annihilation off then he is more effective. a shield champ may not hit as hard but he can terrorise casters and be a pain in the ass when their tanks try to wipe him out.

there is no 1 better than the other but they merely stand 2 ends of the fence.

altho they are 2 different specs they are miles apart in terms of play style.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Ballad said:
Okay, You can keep shield champions great. It's fine by me.

Show me one good shield champ on PvP and I believe it too.

I didn't make any claims, merely said that your claim is ridiculous, when you try to force it upon others as the absolute truth - without any statistical evidence proving so!

B

Ballad

Sorry. I'm being plain silly... just a bit fed up with people who are arguing about something they don't know at all.

Bahumat has it right there. Two completely different specs with their own pro's and con's. No class is gimped if played well.

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding Shield Champs, I have one word for all of you:

Hibiki.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Saigean said:
Regarding Shield Champs, I have one word for all of you:

Hibiki.

Hibiki pwned, so did/does Jamiesmallicus.

Id pick a LW one over s/s one though. Bit biased since having played one and duelled a few s/s ones.

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Shield champions suck. Period.

LW is what makes us decent in PvP. Damage is what we do the best. Annihilation is as important to us as the mez is for Skalds.

Saying that shield champs are better than LW champs is totally absurd. They might work in the ever FotM RvR world but this is PvP. Go play one and see the difference.

Shield champs > LW

Only people who can kill my warden are shield champs x<

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
Hibiki pwned, so did/does Jamiesmallicus.

Id pick a LW one over s/s one though. Bit biased since having played one and duelled a few s/s ones.

Jami is on Prydwen :)hes a Shield Elf champ

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
VW sucks till 44 scythe spec rly (8 sec stun back pos style, that does a lot of dmg)

certainly the hardest hitting hybrid at high lvls (suck low lvls) - if u like frontload then get a 6.0 speed scythe - but u also got v.high evade, 34% absorb, some really nice insta 1500 range interrupts (dot and snare) and a spammable baseline lifetap (same one as animist).

also acuity buffs affect valewalkers, and at lvl 25 scythe they get a style that blocks 99.9% of all arrows fired at you from red con and below (way better than engage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom