Fledgling Freddie
My spec is:

50 Bow
29 Piercing
32 Stealth
36 Path
13 CD

all + 18

If your going full bow work as much dex into your template as you can (bow damage is dex based).

I currently have base 101 dex (fully buffed 434dex) and max crit for between 1250 and 1300 (inc dmg adds) standard shot vary on casters from 400 to 650.

And I forgot to mention Bow is only one of a few lines that still gives advantages over 50, so make sure you have the minimum +11 for bow in your template.

Then just get the normal toys for extended range/damage. the Champion bow is great for a starters and is very easy to get just CL3 will get you the bow.

Eble

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Normal toys being the following gear

Mariashas gloves
Golden Scarab Vest
Champion Bow
Gem of Lost memories

and possible also
Braggarts bow (mainly for the arrows that allows you to shoot longer)
Fools bow - for shooting keep doors.

Make sure you max your bow range and bow speed, whereas you can only have +9 bow damage. The bow speed is also increasing your damage as it allows you to shoot faster but with the same dps.

and a good advice is that you can pulle multiple crit shots on targets in RVR. So as long as your nice litle caster keeps standing still no reason to use other than a crit shot on the critter.

Go to www. critshot.com to read more archer specific info.

For information, then it is either all out bow, and then forget about melee (you run away whenever someone gets near you) or your bow should max me 35, as it wont make a difference anyway.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
My spec:

50 bow
36 Path
35 Stealth (modded 50)
18 CD
21 Blade

Gives you second best DA, off-evade blade style and Ice Storm ofc if your in a sticky situation.

Good advice on this thread, nice one guys!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Tallen said:
My spec:

50 bow
36 Path
35 Stealth (modded 50)
18 CD
21 Blade

Gives you second best DA, off-evade blade style and Ice Storm ofc if your in a sticky situation.

Good advice on this thread, nice one guys!

Weak :|

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and probably most important, hang in there bow spec might seem a bit strange at the moment but Rangers/scouts/hunters (poss) will get looked at in next patch 1.88

Were expecting some sort of improvement to bow, most can melee no problems if thats your bag anyway.

So 50 bow might seem extreme and wasteful at the moment but time will tell, I wouldn't swop one shotting casters and 2/3 shotting scouts for anything.

Eble

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
about bows
overall best: champion bow
siege: fools

worth mentioning:
- immolated bow: slowest and thrust debuff but 99% and no archery range/dmg/spd
- ml10 bow: 60 af debuff proc, nice for assisting rangers ;)
- unhinged bow of phobias: nice procrate, 5.6 spd, nice to use till u get champ bow
- df bow: 2 procs (lifetap/dd) and nice procrate, tho less range only 1600
- braggarts: arrow summoning and archery bonuses ofc :)

bertol

One of Freddy's beloved
oki guys

thx for info and your time

/cheers

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Enli said:
about bows
overall best: champion bow
siege: fools

worth mentioning:
- immolated bow: slowest and thrust debuff but 99% and no archery range/dmg/spd
- ml10 bow: 60 af debuff proc, nice for assisting rangers ;)
- unhinged bow of phobias: nice procrate, 5.6 spd, nice to use till u get champ bow
- df bow: 2 procs (lifetap/dd) and nice procrate, tho less range only 1600
- braggarts: arrow summoning and archery bonuses ofc :)

Slowest bow is a crafted one now fyi! Lemme check.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
just a quick question on the ranger subject....spec i came up with for my ranger that i dont really play but ye.
35bow
39pierce
39cd
37stealth
13pf (if i remember right)
ranger is only RR3 and needs templating but what do you guys think of that spec?

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
just a quick question on the ranger subject....spec i came up with for my ranger that i dont really play but ye.
35bow
39pierce
39cd
37stealth
13pf (if i remember right)
ranger is only RR3 and needs templating but what do you guys think of that spec?

the only thing I would do with this spec is drop CD and increase pathfinding, to at least the 3rd best damage add,

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Does the PF Damage Add apply to Archery or Melee only?

I've been looking at the following spec:

45 Bow
43 PF
35 Stealth
29 Pierce

The remaining points would be placed in the CD line. How would this work in practise? I've been 50 Bow on my Scout and it's a waste of points IMHO, there's no need to go above 45.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and probably most important, hang in there bow spec might seem a bit strange at the moment but Rangers/scouts/hunters (poss) will get looked at in next patch 1.88

Were expecting some sort of improvement to bow, most can melee no problems if thats your bag anyway.

So 50 bow might seem extreme and wasteful at the moment but time will tell, I wouldn't swop one shotting casters and 2/3 shotting scouts for anything.

Eble

You cannot 'one shot' a caster. Not if they have their self targeted BT up at least. If you use TS to penetrate that then it's a non-Crit shot, so I doubt you'd hit for anywhere close to 1K + damage. 500 - 600 is the usual damage range I see from TS.

I have yet to try this with the new crafted Bow though, that may improve things.

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
I see no reason to put all those lovely points into Pathfinding, if ur going for the dmg add tbh. The one u can get from CL3 caster line is 5.0 and the dmg difference from that one and the 7.3 dmg add from 36 PF is only ! 10 dmg ! each shot/swing... would rather up melee then...

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
You cannot 'one shot' a caster. Not if they have their self targeted BT up at least. If you use TS to penetrate that then it's a non-Crit shot, so I doubt you'd hit for anywhere close to 1K + damage. 500 - 600 is the usual damage range I see from TS.

I have yet to try this with the new crafted Bow though, that may improve things.

Correct if a caster BT is up then yes I miss, unless I've opened with TS3 which I do 99% of the time, mostly in keep defence I use rapid fire to take out BT, then line up a crit, you'll be surprised how many casters miss the BT pop or are too lazy to re-apply it.

Then if I'm lucky a quick 1300 dmg crit is all thats needed mostly against albs, else maybe a quick rapid fire to finish off.

Eble

Pathfinding Damage add works both with melee/bow shots

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Does the CL Dmg Add also work for Bow shots?

Never used it myself to be honest, I'm assuming it does, also worth getting +25% stat buffs to increase the values of any buffs :)

Just use swop in/out items when you need to rebuff

Eble

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH

i know its a different game now but was a few occasions in OF at full bow spec i managed 1 shotting a few casters...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom