Best Spec For Me? (Shammy)

Z

znappi

Hi

Iam new to this wonderfull game and just dinged lvl 40!

i got 27cave, 24aug and 10/11 mend atm.. but.. what should i go for now? i wanna be good in PvP and in grps...

Help!! :)

/Znappi aka Muhammedpeter aka Sircampalot

V

vintervargen

0 aug 50 mend rest cave

for teh glory of hiberia!

B

bouh

rvr specs:

37 aug 39 cave
or
43 aug 31 cave (prefered)

rest mend in both cases: even warden heals better then shammy, friggs is almost no use in rvr.

D

dJyng

Best seer setup for a mid RvR grp is 1 pac/mend Healer, 1 mend/aug Healer, 1 Aug/Cave Shaman(I'm told :) ).. but the mend/aug healers are rare so it is not all wrong going aug/mend as a shaman to help the healing if there is only 1healer in the grp.
Mending is very good but shammy mending is not by far the best.

U

uglymug

if you like being mistaken for a buffbot, then by all means go high aug... just remember that people will invite you because they want a drone to stick up, shut up give end reg when asked

now if you want a slightly more active life as a shaman ... go high cave and back it up with either mend or aug.

O

old.anubis

ja-ja

if two shamans are lfg - one with 32 aug, the other with 42+ - i will take the one with 42+ any time of the day
so, your "slightly more active" shaman will stay at mtk, and your "buffbot" will be counting rps flow

B

bouh

there is almost no use in grp for full cave and/or high mend shammy.
aug/cave shammy is active enuf. Beside 10mins buufs sucha shammy has to protect grp support using insta pbae disease (1), cast ae disease (2), ae DoT (3) or pbae cell, use root (4) on tanks, ae root (5) to save another support class from assisting tanks, DoT(6) on casters/priests. Add Ichor (7) and u have plenty of opitions and u should be busy all the fight. If no then yes, u r buffbot.

Z

znappi

Okay thx guys...!

Ill go for 43 aug 31 cave and rest mend! sounds like fun :)

btw.. do i have the AE-DOT and AE-root whith this spec?

B

bouh

Originally posted by znappi

yes, 2nd AE root (50 sec durration) - it's actually the reason for 31cave
and 3rd AE DoT

Z

znappi

How much Mend should i end up whith? i got aroud 10 now.. should i respec all mend to Aug? or...

B

bouh

How much Mend should i end up whith? i got aroud 10 now.. should i respec all mend to Aug? or...

exactly 10 mend

S

spankya

Originally posted by bouh
yes, 2nd AE root (50 sec durration) - it's actually the reason for 31cave
and 3rd AE DoT

Make sure u get that root and use it once mez has been purged or worn off. Its very handy and can make the difference of whether u win or lose... for example with fighting hibs.. healers mez, druid uses GP so every1 is mez immune, then area root 4tehwin ;)

B

beehappy

just fyi - after druid's GP u can remezz.
GP = no mezz immunity
and yes
atm 43/31 - looks like best RvR spec.

i ask ppl about 38 aug (all same as 43 but heat 16% and yellow pie, + end 4, but we all can take LW1) - but all says - STFU Bee, stay with 42+ aug :D

Z

zmurf

I got 42aug 27cave 20mend pt, and will respec to 43, or 45aug and 27cave rest mend, now for group rvr alot think going for the 31ae root is nice, and in some cases it probably is, but the ae root is only 12 sec longer duration which is about 3~4sec more on casters and 1~2 sec more on tank's ....
the power cost rises about 50%, and since the ae root is allready lowlvl it has next to no duration, so it's mainly a form of AE interrupt at low powercost vs caster heavy group's (forcing ppl to moc, and if no moc, they r ****ed)

Now with the 31ae root ull loose power way to fast compared to whatelse u could use this power on, and maybe face the risk of going oop to early in larger scale fight's (vs 2~4 fg's) which is where u REALLY don't wanna go oop ...

About the end regen, even with end 5, sword and axe and la (dying race) users will run out of endurance infight's, which really isen't the best (this goes for slammer's aswell) so u can guess the problem get's bigger with an even lower end regen, even with lw1 and end5 iv seen burebista and sub run out of endurance (no biggy for bura he got end shout) ...

Mend, i started out wanting 35+ mend with ra's etc (atm at 20+18) but realise that single target heal takes up more power than group heal even if only 1 guy is dmg'd, and the variance in the group heal is so low, even with 25ish mend (counting rr's and item's) ull get the variance to 20hits~ so just a slong as long as u get 8(?) mend u should be fine, then u get both cure's which r VERY nice when rvr'ing and doing quest's (death to iarnvidur's lair) ...

But all in all, the most importnent thing when choosing ur spec, choose what u think ULL gain from, and not what other's will gain from (as in fun im talking about) ... all these r just my 'point of view' to help u choose ...

V

vintervargen

ive said it before and i say it again;

spec the exact opposite of what smurf tells u, and u will be O.K!

K

kra

and vintervargen the queen of pointless replies can fuck off back to the hibbie boards or atleast buy a mid char off ebay.

U

uglymug

there is almost no use in grp for full cave and/or high mend shammy.
aug/cave shammy is active enuf. Beside 10mins buufs sucha shammy has to protect grp support using insta pbae disease (1), cast ae disease (2), ae DoT (3) or pbae cell, use root (4) on tanks, ae root (5) to save another support class from assisting tanks, DoT(6) on casters/priests. Add Ichor (7) and u have plenty of opitions and u should be busy all the fight. If no then yes, u r buffbot.
funny ... you state there's no use for a full cave shammy in rvr

yet examples 1 through 6 are all related to cavemagic .. so that part a high cave shammy can do better than a low cave shammy (better aedisease, better (ae)dots)

i understand why you all want the high aug shammy tho ... tanks are a bit gimped without a shammy buffing them :p

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by vintervargen
0 aug 50 mend rest cave

for teh glory of hiberia!

Silly me, I thought it was Hibernia :p

A

akula

Okay thx guys...!

Ill go for 43 aug 31 cave and rest mend! sounds like fun :)

mmm

41 cave (best DD, and bolt)
32 aug, (1st grp end regen)
14 mend (1st friggs)

works fine here :)

Z

zmurf

ive said it before and i say it again;

spec the exact opposite of what smurf tells u, and u will be O.K!

Im still not sure if this is ironic or not, or just plain post farm, as ur reply's usually r

B

bouh

Originally posted by uglymug
i understand why you all want the high aug shammy tho ... tanks are a bit gimped without a shammy buffing them :p

lol
whatta hell u need gimped tanks in ur grp if u r brilliant uber shammy with a proper spec?
just follow ur tactic: find any skald (green-blue con fits too) for speed, beg for pom near mtk, now u r set, just follow zerg, cast ae dot on enemies and run away.
But once u'll realize that ur ignore list is full and more ppl still hate u.

:D

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by zmurf
Im still not sure if this is ironic or not, or just plain post farm, as ur reply's usually r

guess.

postfarm now? nah, i really cba to postfarm up til 10k posts.

and im still not sure if you play chars you find fun or just FoTMs

U

uglymug

just follow ur tactic: find any skald (green-blue con fits too) for speed, beg for pom near mtk, now u r set, just follow zerg, cast ae dot on enemies and run away.
wow! .. you describe me and my tactics perfectly!1! :rolleyes:

Z

zmurf

guess.

postfarm now? nah, i really cba to postfarm up til 10k posts.

and im still not sure if you play chars you find fun or just FoTMs

U know 1 char of mine, and not that it's any of ur business what so ever, but i love to play my shaman, or atleast loved to play my shaman, not so much anymore, hence im not playing so much anymore, would never play a game for this much if i didn't find it fun ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom